The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentin_Bargate

Weekend Frivolity.

Candle inverted burning underwater (hence ripples and bubbles in its surface) with its flame added later. Not quite as good as I had envisaged but it kept me out of trouble for a few hours! Hassy with 120mm macro

Don Libby

From this morning, DF/IQ160 and a 240LS. I've had so much luck/fun shooting the 240 and the 2x extender I decided to buy it. f/8 1/160 ISO 100

AlanS

Another from this morning, and yes it really is that green! We have had a wet winter and almost no frost so far. Hamsterley, Imacon 528C, Hasselblad 500C/M, 50mm CFi.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
From this morning, DF/IQ160 and a 240LS. I've had so much luck/fun shooting the 240 and the 2x extender I decided to buy it. f/8 1/160 ISO 100

Don,

Maybe it's just my monitor, but I see what looks like tons of red and green on the buffalo's head, and to a lesser degree in his back fur? Is this color noise from lifting a shadow there significantly, or is it R-G CA off the water drop speculars, or is it possibly an artifact from over-sharpening?

The image does look quite a bit over-sharpened to me here, and has an odd halo around the entire buffalo and especially his horns. I only mention this because when I demoed the 240LS in Copenhagen a year ago, I found it so blisteringly sharp it needed very little capture sharpening applied in post and this was on the 180 -- it should need even less on the 160...

Don Libby

Don,

Maybe it's just my monitor, but I see what looks like tons of red and green on the buffalo's head, and to a lesser degree in his back fur? Is this color noise from lifting a shadow there significantly, or is it R-G CA off the water drop speculars, or is it possibly an artifact from over-sharpening?

The image does look quite a bit over-sharpened to me here, and has an odd halo around the entire buffalo and especially his horns. I only mention this because when I demoed the 240LS in Copenhagen a year ago, I found it so blisteringly sharp it needed very little capture sharpening applied in post and this was on the 180 -- it should need even less on the 160...
I agree and am working on another version

alajuela

Here are some shots I took for a magazine - promoting their High Tech Industrial Park in Pudong (part of Shanghai)

Thru Trees Wish there was more sepration on the Flag in the center - 1/320 sec; f/8; ISO 100 Schneider LS 28mm f/4.5

Long Shot 1/250 sec; f/11; ISO 100 PhaseOne 45mm f/2.8

1/100 sec; f/8; ISO 100 ISO 100 PhaseOne 45mm f/2.8

Across Lake - 1/700 sec; f/4.5; ISO 100 Schneider LS 28mm f/4.5

Around Corner 1/500 sec; f/6.3; ISO 100 Schneider LS 28mm f/4.5

Last edited:

Nathan W. Lediard

You EVIL man Alan! :D
Here in Norway the winters are usually snowy and have a charm of their own, but the last couple have been crap.. this winter so far has seen southerly winds and big low pressure systems queuing up to give us mild weather... low temps between and we have ice on the ground instead of snow, so bare ground, icey and dark.. the snow really helps reflect what little light we have up here... Oh how I miss the english woods...

That said I photographed a wedding on the local beach here on the 28th of december... and the temperature was plus ten degrees C!

H4D40 HCD28mm f6.8 iso 100 1/180 profoto lighting...

Thanks Nathan, not sure this helps but one from this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.