The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ondebanks

Been scanning some of my old stuff (January 1994).
These are all from the same roll of film.

I was a 22 y.o. PhD student, and my supervisor and I arrived at La Palma observatory in the Canary Islands the day after there had been an ice storm at the summit, which was a pretty rare occurence for that latitude.

Mamiya 645 1000s, 80/1.9 lens, Fuji G400.

The 4th has been converted to B&W.

Ray

Don Libby

Just in case anyone wants to see just how super sharp the 240LS is I've included 2-images; a before and an after. f/16 1/1/250 ISO 400 (I forgot to reduce the ISO after removing the 2x extender). Did I mention this was handheld?

That's it for the Buffalo heading back to Tucson in the morning.

Don

Shashin

This might need a little explanation. Horseman 6x12 back on an Olympus Vanox Universal research microscope with episcopic DIC.

jctodd

This pic had been shot at valley approach Yosemite last Aug.
Hasselblad 503cw phaseone p65+ cfe40if iso 50
View attachment 79465
Does anyone else have this image displaying very oddly in their browser? This and LandscapeLover's most recent seem to be tagged with Phase One profiles, which Firefox on OSX Mavericks doesn't seem to like at all. (Both images well worth downloading and viewing outside of the browser!)

citizin

Does anyone else have this image displaying very oddly in their browser? This and LandscapeLover's most recent seem to be tagged with Phase One profiles, which Firefox on OSX Mavericks doesn't seem to like at all. (Both images well worth downloading and viewing outside of the browser!)
Chrome doesn't like it either, really blown out in the browser.

ondebanks

The only difference I see is that it displays as a thumbnail which is a link to a larger image. Unlike just about every other image in this thread, it is not a large inline image in its own right. Is that what you are referring to? If you meant colour/brightness/detail, I don't see any difference in when I download the image and view it outside the browser (Firefox on Windows 7). I'll compare how it looks on my office system tomorrow (Firefox on OSX Mavericks).

Ray

Shashin

Well, I don't want to interfere with you Will...but it could be that our paths are different. ;)

(Have the puns got too nerdy yet?!)

Ray
Especially puns about optics, which are so transparent…

But you are the master--I am just the pupil…I hope I get N.A.

ondebanks

Especially puns about optics, which are so transparent…

But you are the master--I am just the pupil…I hope I get N.A.
It's pretty plane that if we don't stop, we'll disperse everyone else from here. And that would reflect badly on us.

Ray (hey, even my name works!)

tsjanik

At the risk of destructive interference with Will and Ray's pun-fest (you two are really on the same wavelength) :LOL: The weather in the NE US become so cold, so quickly that these Canada geese must wonder what happened to the open water they landed on.

_IGP0059 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Pemihan

I'm seeing the exact same problem...

Peter

ondebanks

The only difference I see is that it displays as a thumbnail which is a link to a larger image. Unlike just about every other image in this thread, it is not a large inline image in its own right. Is that what you are referring to? If you meant colour/brightness/detail, I don't see any difference in when I download the image and view it outside the browser (Firefox on Windows 7). I'll compare how it looks on my office system tomorrow (Firefox on OSX Mavericks).

Ray
Well I can now confirm that on my Mac, it does look entirely different to how it looked on my PC. Completely blown out in brightness.

Ray

ondebanks

At the risk of destructive interference with Will and Ray's pun-fest (you two are really on the same wavelength) :LOL: The weather in the NE US become so cold, so quickly that these Canada geese must wonder what happened to the open water they landed on.

_IGP0059 by tsjanik47, on Flickr
The goose with its head raised is going - "Ehhh, guys? Wake up! Can any of you move your legs?" :)

Ray

aCIDfire

From a pre-Christmas wedding shooting in Castle Krivoklat in Czech Republic..

Leica S2 + Hasselblad HC 100/2.2 @ f/2.2 ISO640 1/125s

Status
Not open for further replies.