The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Winter is at a point where I have some difficulty seeing the beauty, so a shot from the fall where nothing is frozen. Lake Erie shore: the angular rocks are from the shale along the shoreline; the rounded are likely glacial, transported from far away.

Tom

_IGP0058_8541 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

laopai

Gee...looks like this is the place where everybody shares their pictures and have great fun!

One question, what are the sizes that you guys recommend when posting pictures?

I always feel that small size pictures do not justify the amazingness of media format backs and cameras. So when possible, I always try to post pictures at the size of 2800*2100. But the negative side is the slow loading of the pictures. I would like to follow your recommendations when posting pictures on this site.

Well, before doing so, let me share this night shot of San Francisco from Twin Peak, still with a size of 2800*2100. This one was taken with a Pentax 645D, with FA-645 120mm/4 Micro. ISO100, f16, 6sec.

laopai

A little bit more fun with the above picture. These are two 100% crops from the above picture. One is the crop of the center area and the other shows the very corner of the bottom right.

This shows the quality of 645D. And in particular, how excellent this legacy 120mm/4 Micro film lens is.

Last edited:

Nathan W. Lediard

H4D-40 profoto lighting /Gridded silver beauty dish low and left, Mola setti gridded high and right, ringflash on camera for fill.

oh, and a roll of kitchen foil for the "clothes" and Rosco foil for the background ;)

gurtch

My Father died in May 1940, at age 29. I was three. He was an electrical engineer, and raised on Long Beach Island, NJ, and a nationally known fine art photographer, having been published in national magazines. His negatives were lost for 72 years and recently found and returned to me. I just started going through them. I scanned the negative on a high end, high resolution film scanner, and I interpreted the negative in the spirit and style of Alexander Gurtcheff. Hope you like it
NOTE: The camera was I Zeiss Super Ikonta A with Tessar lens, which my Mother saved for me.

gurtch

Another from my father's lost negatives returned to me after 72 years. Zeiss Super Ikonta A, Tessar uncoated lens
Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.