The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Sergei and Dave - thanks so much for your kind words (and sorry for slow response - new baby is making it a touch harder to find time right now). Dave - I will reply to your email about the 25mm DA as soon as I get a sec :)

All the best,

Ed

Ed Hurst

Both files taken on Pentax 645D. First file is with 6x7 75mm f2.8AL lens. Second file is with 645 150mm f2.8 FA lens.

D&A

Sergei and Dave - thanks so much for your kind words (and sorry for slow response - new baby is making it a touch harder to find time right now). Dave - I will reply to your email about the 25mm DA as soon as I get a sec :)

All the best,

Ed
Ed, Please take your time. Nothing's more important now than your lovely little new born and family. Just have fun and enjoy!

Dave (D&A)

Ed Hurst

Thanks Dave! Actually I replied a few mins ago but wasn't sure that it was to the correct address. The message would not let me post you a PM via this site, but showed an email address; was it correct?

tsjanik

Tom,

I like your image. Nice composition and mood. Wondering if it was a severely under exposed image that you resuscitated. I'm seeing that dreaded center fold issue - right side a bit more magenta.

Rick
Hi Rick:

I think I see what you're referring to, it's visible at the horizon in the center of the image. The image was underexposed; however, I think it's a jpeg conversion artifact since it's not present in the DNG. There is a lot of magenta blotchiness in the jpeg as well (both my jpeg conversion and the camera's) that is also absent in the RAW file or processed TIFF.

Tom

Last edited:

SergeiR

All the best,

Ed
No worries.. Been there ;) I am just praying i won't get hit with grandkids anytime soon (me daughter is about to hit 19 in few months).

Status
Not open for further replies.