The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

My wife and I volunteer at a local cat shelter, working with those that have been deemed "feral". While none are aggressive, most of these cats prefer that we not attempt to approach too closely so these were shot from a good distance away and have been heavily cropped.

Leica S2 P / 30-90 Vario Elmar / ISO 160
Interesting expressions in those faces: no trust, but intense attention.

pesto

Interesting expressions in those faces: no trust, but intense attention.
Hello Tsjanik,
You have a good eye, these guys as well as some of the others are terribly afraid and mistrustful of people. Most of our 40+ "inmates" at the feral branch of our organization were essentially wild and in jeopardy of extermination prior to our acquiring them. It is amazing, and quite rewarding as well, that given some time and kindness, many of these cats have come around and actually have become quite friendly, while others….well, not so much.

etrump

Been so busy setting up the new lab I haven't had much time to post.

Dawn from my hotel in Florida

IQ180, HR40

SergeiR

Absolutely gorgeous, Sergei! If you don't mind sharing... how did you do it?
thank you.

Well.. She did hair, and base makeup, I did face painting, then we took couple shots with Elinchrom's 37" Deep Throat against Botero's background (one with gray-and light gray splats), then it was matter of putting things together, doing abrasion toning in similar way as i would do it with paper negatives (ye old old technique, from film days) , then its a texture overlays and some curve playing and some D&B to get makeup to stand out a bit more - to get visual results i like.

pesto

There really is more to South Florida than merely beaches, golf courses, and night clubs.

S2-P / 24mm Super Elmar / ISO 160.

darr

There really is more to South Florida than merely beaches, golf courses, and night clubs.

S2-P / 24mm Super Elmar / ISO 160.

That looks like where I use to live before we moved in 2007. The area was called, Redland, FL. You'd find lots of plant and tree nurseries, tractors, and water shooters! I got use to being woken up at 5am to the sounds of the water shooters.

pesto

Hi Darr,
This was shot way west of Hobe Sound and yes, a heavily agricultural area as well.This was a poorly maintained citrus grove until about 6-8 months ago, then one day the trees were all gone and now… well, I have no idea what they are growing but it appears to be doing well.

Douglas Benson.

pesto

Downtown West Palm Beach
A bit of cropping would improve this image with respect to composition, but I just love the wide perspective of this lens.
Leica S2 P 24mm Super Elmar f/ 11 ISO 160

Last edited:

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
This is promising: from my first evening with the new H5D-50c, HC50II, ISO 1600, 20sec at f/18. Old Caretaker's House, Fort Hunt Park, after dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.