The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARKC

When I was in the train way back home last Saturday, I was so tempted by the unstable weather... Finally, I headed back to Sunny Bay, as seen !

Classic 38/4.5 T* Biogon with P25+

Last edited:

tsjanik

My photography has been largely limited to ice and birds for the past six months; I know bird pictures are received by some as only slightly better than cat pictures, still I really like this shot of Caspian tern beginning a dive.

Tom

_IGP1957 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Shashin

Three weeks! What are you feeding them?
I am just impatient. It is more like five weeks.

This has been a crazy year.

The image on the left was taken on May 3rd, 2010. The image on the right, last Sunday. Same place and this Saturday is May 3rd. I am thinking my garden will not turn green in the next couple of days. It might, however, snow...

ondebanks

The image on the left was taken on May 3rd, 2010. The image on the right, last Sunday. Same place and this Saturday is May 3rd. I am thinking my garden will not turn green in the next couple of days. It might, however, snow...
Now that's what I call time-lapse photography! ;)

Looking forward to seeing the next frame in May 2018.

Ray

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Don't feel too bad, Will - we still have so much ice on Georgian Bay that our local ferry has postponed the start of its season - usually it would be tomorrow but it looks like it would well be another week yet.

We have daffodils out but not much else!

Bill

ondebanks

If it's any consolation, it's been a beautiful April here in Ireland and vigourous Spring growth came early, if anything.

Last year was the opposite: an unprecedented cold period between March and May delayed fresh grass growth so much that cattle farmers ran out of winter fodder, and were forced to import it from Britain and Holland. Then that too ran out, and they were forced to import it from France. Fodder Crisis · TheJournal.ie

Then things swung the other way: for much of July we had a rare heatwave.

More extreme weather followed in a 7 week period from December to February of this year, with a remarkable succession of violent Atlantic storms, exceeding anything in living memory, causing a lot of coastal damage and felling huge numbers of trees inland.

Climate change models predict an increase in extreme weather events; we've certainly been experiencing that here.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.