The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ondebanks

Something a little different from me; I just reworked some 645 film shots from 5 years back. This is a mosaic of 2 slides of the winter Milky Way.

Kodak E200 in a Mamiya 645 1000s; 80/1.9 at f/4; 20 minutes per frame IIRC; EQ6 equatorial mount, manual guiding corrections (old-school!). Location was the Connemara coast.

I was never really happy with Registar's mosaicing - it does perfect alignment, but the "joins" are obvious as it cannot correct vignetting. Once again, hugin to the rescue! I would never have pitched it as astro software, but today I just gave it a try and it did a fantastic job here. Not the final word yet on colour/DR etc. but I'll try to play with it some more...would be nice to expand out the mosaic with some more frames, and maybe remove the brownish skyglow gradient at the bottom...

Ray

stngoldberg

Stanley

Really clean shot of this egret/crane whatever.

Would you mind sharing camera, lens and camera settings?

Thanks

Mal
Hi Mal,
I used my Hasselblad H5D50 with a 300mm lens with a 13mm extension tube.
Also used fill in flash at a minus two setting on TLL.
The exposure was at f5.6....don't recall the shutter speed
Stanley

Shashin

Something a little different from me; I just reworked some 645 film shots from 5 years back. This is a mosaic of 2 slides of the winter Milky Way.
Ray, that is pretty amazing. Especially getting features like Barnard's Loop. It must be those magical Irish skies.

ondebanks

Ray, that is pretty amazing. Especially getting features like Barnard's Loop. It must be those magical Irish skies.
Thanks, Will. Well, it takes a bit of magic to get the omnipresent clouds to disperse! But on the rare occasions when they do, the atmospheric transparency can be superb, and by driving west for at least half an hour, I can get clear of light pollution as well.

The other magic is in Kodak E200's broad spectral sensitivity and low reciprocity failure. I bought a stash for my freezer when it was discontinued in 2010; I am slowly eking it out for astro usage only.

Ray

PSon

Finally got the 205FCC converted to take the CFV-16/39/50 digital backs.

Hasselblad 205FCC + 110mm F2.0 FE + CFV-16

Last edited:

PSon

One of my favorite lens to shoot portrait is the Planar 110mm F2.0 lens. I tried one of this versions for landscape for a change here, but perhaps more like a landscape portrait.

Hasselblad 205FCC + Planar T* 110mm F2.0 FE + CFV-16

Nathan W. Lediard

May and June are my busy times with all areas of my photographic work going crazy, so not much time for "fun" but this evening I had to photograph a confirmation group picture (29 teenagers and a priest :eek: ) When I arrived at the church I found the priest in deep conversation on his phone looking out of the window.. The light was fantastic so I quickly pulled out my hassy , asjusted iso shutter and aperture to what I reckoned was about right and got this one shot off before he moved away into the vestry...
H4D-40 HC80mm f2.8 iso 800 1/350

Mike Woods

May and June are my busy times with all areas of my photographic work going crazy, so not much time for "fun" but this evening I had to photograph a confirmation group picture (29 teenagers and a priest :eek: ) When I arrived at the church I found the priest in deep conversation on his phone looking out of the window.. The light was fantastic so I quickly pulled out my hassy , asjusted iso shutter and aperture to what I reckoned was about right and got this one shot off before he moved away into the vestry...
H4D-40 HC80mm f2.8 iso 800 1/350

I pop in here now and again to see what you 'real' photographers are up to. This is just fantastic :thumb up:

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.