The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pemihan

Saguaro Family, Crater Range, Southern Arizona.
Cambo WRS, IQ160, SK60XL - two shots stitched and cropped to 4x5

etrump

Back in the good old days of film, unless you wanted to do some complex work with masking, you were stuck with the contrast in a color image. Today, we can change that. But a host of problems comes from that. Shooting in really flat light makes increasing contrast really important. The problem is that contrast and saturation are not mutually exclusive. Touch a curve and you change saturation. It can be really tough to control color.
That's what luminosity blend mode is for ;)

PSon

Totally enjoying the B&W version. Personally, I think a vignette would be a considerable improvement.
Thank you Ed for the kind complement and great suggestion. I will take your advice for another version.

Best Regards,
-Son

aCIDfire

Ed: Very nice pictures of your son! I´d like to ask how much you did you fix color noise in the picture? When I tried shooting with 645D in the past with ISO>800/1600 it was too noisy, my S2 with the same sensor suffer from high ISO noise too.

Ed Hurst

Ed: Very nice pictures of your son! I´d like to ask how much you did you fix color noise in the picture? When I tried shooting with 645D in the past with ISO>800/1600 it was too noisy, my S2 with the same sensor suffer from high ISO noise too.
Thanks for the positive feedback!

These files are processed in ACR. I applied a little luminance noise reduction (not much) and left the colour noise reduction alone. Because the key areas of these two shots are quite light, it handled it well. I find the 645D pretty good at high ISO by MF standards... The first shot (on the previous page of this thread) was at ISO800 but I increased it to ISO1600 for the shot on this page because it was darker and because the shot was being taken by my partner and I wanted to give her a little more leeway for camera shake or DoF...

Shashin

Everyone says how great high ISO is with Sony's new sensors are. But there is no difference in noise at ISO 1600 between the 645D and the RX-1. New sensors are improving in DR, but not noise.

Ed Hurst

I will be very interested to see what the detail, noise, DR and colour rendering are like on the 645Z compared to the 645D - at high ISO but also at ISO100 and ISO200. The jury is out but we will start to discover the answers pretty soon...

tsjanik

I will be very interested to see what the detail, noise, DR and colour rendering are like on the 645Z compared to the 645D - at high ISO but also at ISO100 and ISO200. The jury is out but we will start to discover the answers pretty soon...
I am torn about the 645Z, maybe the future is in cameras the size and weight of the A7r with a sensor of 645 size, and maybe the future isn't so far away.

Tom

NB: Nonetheless, I likely will get one, but not pre-order this time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.