The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayhand

Söderåsen natural reserve, Sweden.
At sunset one evening this spring.

It is interesting to wrestle with color balance when using film for nature photos.
Still in the process to find a good working method for the whole process.
But, sooner or later...

Digital is actually too easy to work with :eek:

I do need to push my self a bit further now.
And film force me to really look at what is in front of the camera,
and at what I am doing behind the camera.

So the more stringent I am in my work process, the less photos I take.
And as a result of that, I of course get better photos.

Very irritating :poke:

Ray

Mamiya 6, 150mm, Portra 400

Shashin

Beautiful shot Will. Would you mind sharing exposure details please?
Thank you. I would be happy to share.

The details are DFA 55mm, f/8, 121sec., ISO 400. The image was underexposed--I should have gone a few minutes longer ideally. The moon was a waxing gibbous about 5–6 days from full and I was shooting into the moon.

Shashin

It was windy in the garden this weekend. The tripod did not seem to help with sharpness and neither did 6-stops of neutral density.

Ed Hurst

The details are DFA 55mm, f/8, 121sec., ISO 400. The image was underexposed--I should have gone a few minutes longer ideally. The moon was a waxing gibbous about 5–6 days from full and I was shooting into the moon.
Thanks Will - very interesting!

ondebanks

An OT observation: I grew up in southern California and as an adult have spent much time in Canada, mostly Ontario, but I've traveled from Nova Scotia to the west coat of Vancouver Island. When I visited Australia, my impression was that Australia was the British Empire's equivalent of California, while Canada was the equivalent of the remaining northern states in the US. I mean no offense to anyone by this remark, simply my observation that we all travel different roads but end up at the same place.

Tom
And Ireland was the British Empire's equivalent of the Garden of Eden: a beautiful playground that they unfortunately abused, and eventually had to be thrown out of! :angel::SPAM::lecture::toocool::p:deadhorse: :ROTFL: :chug::grin:

Ray

ondebanks

For a gibbous moonlit landscape, I found 4 minutes at f5.6 works well: this was on film (Kodak E200, M645 1000s, 55mm N)

Alas, I still lack an MFD camera/back that can shoot longer than 1 minute. Some year, I'll find a P21+ or P30+ at the right price (deliberately choosing a microlensed back, for obvious reasons).

Ray

ondebanks

This chappie let me approach very close - I was only using a 120mm macro, not a particularly long tele.

Mamiya 645AFD, Kodak DCS645M, 120/4 A macro, handheld.

Ray

ChrisLivsey

Recently acquired H1 with 80mm f2.8HC Portra 400 @200iso, not shot film for ages in MF. I had forgotten how beautiful it can be to work with.
Camera now in Sweden for a checkover, only 3,000 clicks on the speedo, spare film back had 0 clicks :eek:

ondebanks

Trying my hand opportunistically at some architecture - I was really there to take my daughter roller skating (that's her zooming around in the middle of the frame).

Mamiya 645AFD, Kodak DCS645M, 24/4 ULD fisheye.
De-fished, de-keystoned, de-horizon-tilted, de-everythinged in Hugin.
(The strange curved, tilted end of the building is a real feature - this is the award-winning new Engineering Building at NUI Galway, whose varied sections and materials, and exposed structural details inside and out, were designed as teaching tools in themselves).

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.