The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronK

Roaring Run, Apollo PA, one of my favorite spots.

This is a 4 shot panorama shot with the Mamiya 35 mm lens. Phase One 645AF, IQ140, ISO 50, 6 seconds @ f/12.

I have some firework photos too if anyone wants to see :LOL:

Grayhand

I am shooting more and more film.
And that includes color film
But the cost for development is not that low.
About 6€ + tax + shipping for one roll of 120-film :eek:

So I thought: How hard could it really be?

After buying a Tetenal C-41 developer kit the answer is: Not hard att all!!
It actually was as simple as developing B/W film, or even simpler.

For a 1 litre kit it was a bit lower than half the price I paid the pro-lab per roll of film.
So the next kit will be the 5-litre kit with even more saving per roll of film!
With exactly the same quality of development as from the Pro-lab!

And on the shelf in my dark room stands now also a E6- kit.

:chug:

Ray

Mamiya 6; 150mm, Portra 400.
Close to home.

malmac

Out in Western Queensland where it gets pretty dry and fairly hot - landscapes from the air makes one think of Aboriginal dot paintings -

Mal

IQ180, 80mm LS lens on 645DF

malmac

I am shooting more and more film.
And that includes color film
But the cost for development is not that low.
About 6€ + tax + shipping for one roll of 120-film :eek:

So I thought: How hard could it really be?

After buying a Tetenal C-41 developer kit the answer is: Not hard att all!!
It actually was as simple as developing B/W film, or even simpler.

For a 1 litre kit it was a bit lower than half the price I paid the pro-lab per roll of film.
So the next kit will be the 5-litre kit with even more saving per roll of film!
With exactly the same quality of development as from the Pro-lab!

And on the shelf in my dark room stands now also a E6- kit.

:chug:

Ray

Mamiya 6; 150mm, Portra 400.
Close to home.

Ray so I assume you then scan the negative and ............ then we see a digital version? Am I on the wrong track, cause I always thought printing in colour in a dark room was pretty heavy duty stuff.

Mal

Grayhand

Mal, You are on the right track :)

I am in the middle of a process that will return me to analogue photography.
I have large Durst 138 that can handle negative up to 5x7 that is slowly coming alive again.
But color printing is a few step away from my current position, but just a few..
I scan the negatives because it is for now the only realistic approach to get the pictures on large canvas.
I recently had a local exhibition with canvas up to 2 meter in size.
And half of them was from analog cameras.
And as always, it was only the photographers that pressed there noses to the canvas.
The other artists did take a couple of steps back and diskussed the motive and color and gestalt and..

But, my Durst 138S has a head that I can rotate 90 degree and I have a empty wall in my darkroom that I can hang large foto papers on, upp to 2 meters high.
And I could actually treat the canvas with chemicals so I could use it as a photo paper!
Not today, but maybe next week!

But whatever process, somewhere in the flow I have to digitalize the result if I want to publish it on line..

Ray

malmac

Ray

Very interesting to hear of your successes so far. My Dad's Durst enlarger is still in his darkroom not being used now he has passed away - I keep thinking mmmmmmm but then I move on to something else -

None the less it sounds like you are in the groove with this and that is fantastic.

Mal

malmac

Will

A fine rock in it's natural environment.
Are you a "rock" man as well. I am not a geologist but really have a passion for rocks and tree roots.

Well I guess that it is not yet illegal or immoral so I will keep on with this fetish.

Mal

Shashin

Mal, thanks. Rocks rock. Ironically, that photograph was taken in the Granite State, AKA New Hampshire. Ironically, there is more schist in the granite state than granite. But the Schist State does not have the same ring to it.

etrump

Special thanks to Graham for showing me around the Palouse for a couple of days. What a great time in a photographically rich environment (as Graham would say).

IQ180, Cambo AE, SK72L, 2 shot stitch

Don't you just love tilt? SK72L 3 degrees tilt:

Grayhand

Mal, I like what you do with your ”extended" photos!

But how do you do it?
Do you print out your photos and do further work on the print, or do you do it in Photoshop?

Ray

tcdeveau

Here are a couple panos from my recent trip to the Canadian rockies. Lake Peyto and Lake Moraine in Banff/Yoho National Park taken with my Hasselblad H4D-40 and 35-90mm and really right stuff tripod. Don't remember the settings. It's gorgeous up there and the pics don't really do the views justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.