The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

A series of the dive of gannets. Gannets are sea birds with a wing span of around 6 ft.; they soar and hover at 100-150 ft. when hunting fish. They then dive into the water at speeds up to 60 mph. Shots taken at the west coast of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia with a 645D and 600mm lens. It's fascinating to watch these birds spot their prey, enter a dive, adjust the flight path, streamline and then enter the water with a very small cross section producing a very small splash. These are very heavy crops and not all the same bird (obviously at 1 frame/s).

_IGP2940 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

_IGP2969 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

_IGP2970 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

_IGP3035 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

_IGP3016 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

_IGP2961 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

_IGP2998 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

ondebanks

Welcome, Martien!

To make your photos appear larger: rather than using attachments, instead use the "insert image" button (the icon that looks like the sun over mountains) and paste in a direct URL link to an externally hosted image. Flickr is fine; I use Imageshack; they're all good.

Ray

ondebanks

At the edge of the Burren region, Ireland.

Bastard leprechaun escaped before I could make him show me his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. :D

Mamiya 645AFD, Kodak DCS645M, 55-110 AF at 110mm, hugin pano.

Ray

MARKC

After Rain Storm :watch:

503CW_100/3.5 T* Planar_P25+

ALPA / HASS V / LEICA S & M / PHASEONE IQ & P+

Last edited:

gurtch

Father's 1937 Images

Two of my Father's images from circa 1937. Both made with Zeiss Super Ikonta "A" which made 645 negatives, 16 per roll of 120 film. I have NOT recovered these two negatives. I was able to use a high res digital camera and high end macro lens and copy a print, with 5 different exposures, blended them with Photomatix Pro, and restored the images. Not as good, for sure, as having original negatives, but I made 11"x14" prints. In one print "The Return" I was able to save the title, hand lettered, and my Father's signature. The other Image "Vigil at Dawn" was perhaps his most famous image, being exhibited in many International Salons, and reproduced full page in "The Camera" magazine Dec 1937 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.