The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Hi Pramote:

I see you're using a 645Z! Any thoughts on the camera you'd like to share? I know you have experience with many systems - maybe more than Guy. :ROTFL: :poke:

Regards,

Tom

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Hi Pramote:

I see you're using a 645Z! Any thoughts on the camera you'd like to share? I know you have experience with many systems - maybe more than Guy. :ROTFL: :poke:

Regards,

Tom
Tom...Thanks for your complements! I appreciate you comparing me to a legend :)

Photography equipments and guitars are my weakness. My wife stops bugging me long ago. She's probably known I am hopeless :) I've skipped the sport cars and girls though.

The 645Z is a great great camera! I've had only 2 lenses (25mm and 55mm) and they're excellent. The 25mm even has a built-in CPL filter. How thoughtful it is!

It likes a medium-format point and shoot. The camera is as advance as Nikon/Canon SLR. Accessories are so cheap. The wireless remote is like 7 bucks. It makes Phase One DF a shame!

It's also fantastic for shooting stars and milky ways. The ISO 6400 is useable.

Love it! Love it!
(Don't know how to put cartoons in a massage but it will be a clap over the head)

Pramote

tsjanik

Photography equipments and guitars are my weakness. My wife stops bugging me long ago. She's probably known I am hopeless :) I've skipped the sport cars and girls though.

(Don't know how to put cartoons in a massage but it will be a clap over the head)

Pramote
Here: :clap:

I'm glad you're enjoying the camera; I feel the same way about the 645D. I may have to get a Z for the high ISO however.
You're fortunate to have an understanding wife. I do too and I also have skipped the cars and girls, but maybe that was a mistake :facesmack:

Just kidding (in case my wife sees this).

Tom

Shashin

Tom...Thanks for your complements! I appreciate you comparing me to a legend :)

The 645Z is a great great camera! I've had only 2 lenses (25mm and 55mm) and they're excellent. The 25mm even has a built-in CPL filter. How thoughtful it is!

It likes a medium-format point and shoot. The camera is as advance as Nikon/Canon SLR. Accessories are so cheap. The wireless remote is like 7 bucks. It makes Phase One DF a shame!

It's also fantastic for shooting stars and milky ways. The ISO 6400 is useable.

Love it! Love it!

Pramote
Pramote, you forgot to say how pretty it is... :D

Welcome to the club. (Don't speak too well of this camera, Tom is really really trying not to buy one and so far no one is helping him. ;) )

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Welcome to the club. (Don't speak too well of this camera, Tom is really really trying not to buy one and so far no one is helping him. ;) )
Thanks Will.
Well! At least, it's not as ugly as the Mamiya RZ, my all time favorite :)
Bet me! Tom will have a hard time resisting. Quality of a sensor (high ISO) and advanced camera features are hard to beat in this price range.

Pemihan

Dwarfed by a giant Saguaro near my camp in the Sonoran Desert, Southern Arizona.
Cambo WRS, IQ160, Rodie 40HR, Autoknips Timer (Self-portrait)

tsjanik

Thanks Will.
Well! At least, it's not as ugly as the Mamiya RZ, my all time favorite :)
Bet me! Tom will have a hard time resisting. Quality of a sensor (high ISO) and advanced camera features are hard to beat in this price range.
Yep, resistance is futile; more a question of when rather than if. Right now I'm considering that an A7r or its successor might be more useful to me than a Z. I'm adopting a wait-and-see attitude on the Z :watch:

I don't find the appearance of the Z or D all that bad, but not as pretty as a 645N for sure. One poster (Uaiomex?) described the appearance of the Z as reminiscent of a 1950s Greyhound bus. Ironically, Pentax added the silver embossment to the name on the body, which makes it look like a license plate. :ROTFL:

Will, have you ordered one yet? It's inevitable.

Tom

Last edited:

Shashin

Will, have you ordered one yet? It's inevitable.

Tom
I am right behind you, Tom...

Funny thing you mention the "license" plate, that, on purely aesthetics, is the thing I don't like. The black on the D is prettier. But you put a A 35mm lens on the either camera and it does look a bit like a pig. A cuddly, adorable pig, but a pig none the less.

But back to having fun...

GMB

Leica S2, 30-90, Lee Big Stoper, 29 sec exposure. Can't decide between the color and the BW version. Shot a Cape Breton.

tsjanik

I am right behind you, Tom...

.............. But you put a A 35mm lens on the either camera and it does look a bit like a pig. A cuddly, adorable pig, but a pig none the less.
Another good reason to put a lens shade on the 35 - a big one.

alajuela

Leica S2, 30-90, Lee Big Stoper, 29 sec exposure. Can't decide between the color and the BW version. Shot a Cape Breton.

Very nice - I vote for the color version!! Although maybe tone down the blue stones on the shore a bit.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.