The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

I feel like I am there Tom!!
Beautiful image. :clap:
Thanks Darr. This is an image I would love to have stitched to widen the view, the black cloud is streaming *well beyond the image; however, I'm limited to the 35mm on the 645D (for now) and so a single image was all I could do. The water and the clouds were moving so fast that a stitch was impossible.
How's the Sigma? I haven't gotten a Merrill yet, instead I bought Diglloyd's K-3, but the Merrill is still on my radar - amazing sensor.

Tom

* This is the cloud I am referring to:

Untitled4 copy 3 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

darr

Thanks Darr. This is an image I would love to have stitched to widen the view, the black cloud is streaming *well beyond the image; however, I'm limited to the 35mm on the 645D (for now) and so a single image was all I could do. The water and the clouds were moving so fast that a stitch was impossible.
How's the Sigma? I haven't gotten a Merrill yet, instead I bought Diglloyd's K-3, but the Merrill is still on my radar - amazing sensor.

Tom

* This is the cloud I am referring to:

Untitled4 copy 3 by tsjanik47, on Flickr
Hey Tom.

The Merrills are great. I use the SD1 in the studio and the smaller DPMs for outside stuff. I have not had a lot of free time lately to work on projects, but now that the weather here in Florida is getting cooler I look forward to going out and using those Foveon sensors more. :) Hope the K-3 is inspiring you.

Your beautiful Lake Erie picture is full of emotion to me.

Kind regards,
Darr

Last edited:

alajuela

Hi
On the premise we shoot where we are, shoot what fascinates us.
Here is Shanghai (old) Puxi.

Cambo AE P45+ HR90 SW

Global and micro contrast increased and saturation decreased. Really with intention of going to B&W but stopped at this point.

tsjanik

OK this is not MF, but Yair's images reminded me of the days when I followed bike racing. The shot attached is so blurry it could have been taken with any camera. Lance Armstrong as he entered Paris in his first (former) Tour victory in 1999. What was such an inspiring moment has since turned sour- still amazing for a cancer survivor.

Status
Not open for further replies.