The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerome_m

This looks absolutely stunning, but can we have the details on that last picture, please? Iso, exposure time, focal length, aperture? I would like to know why the stars do not turn to trails.

Ed Hurst

Thank you :).

Sure thing! It's two frames combined, both shot with a Pentax using the 35mm f3.5 A lens. The sky is a frame at ISO 6400 (made possible by the excellent sensor) - 25 secs at f3.5; the short exposure and wide field of view combination is why there is no apparent trailing. The foreground was shot at ISO 1600 (for lower noise) at f5 for something like 5 minutes.

Hope that answers your question - glad you like it!

Last edited:

Don Libby

I'm slowly testing what the Hartblie 45mm Super-Rotator can accomplish (both on the DF/IQ160 and Sony A7r). These are all from the DF/IQ160 handheld with the lens centered. I'm pleased with the center shots and am going to more on movements. More soon...

I had a Hartblie several years ago however sold it; as good as that one was this appears to be better. These were processed in C1-8 using the lens profile and some minor tweaking.

Shashin

The other side of fall:

While the trees are going out with a bang, the fern and other plants slowly wither. This is from the understory in my woods.

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

This was shot yesterday evening just a few minutes from office, Hasselblad 555/ELD and Distagon 40 at f/11 (or f/16).

I noticed a pair fishing an throwing nice reflections in the water, so I shot off some exposures at 1/4s hoping to get one without motion. It turned out the pair was kissing, would I had Guy's resolution monster (the Credo with the Rody HR) , I would needed to paint over with black to make them unrecognisable.

I also shot this 24-70 at 28 on the Sony Alpha:

Perhaps a 39 MP CCD make folks fall in love?

Full images here: http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/Articles/Shoots/Stendorren_2014_09_30/

Best regards
Erik

Don Libby

Something a little different for me...

2-file image processed first in C1-8 (on a Surface Pro 3) then opened in the studio and merged then cropped to 7x5 which is several times larger than the original. Captured using a Phase One DF/IQ160 and a Mamiya 120 manual macro lens f/4 1/1250 ISO 50

Second attempt, 2-files stacked for focus f/32 1/30 ISO 200.

Both were shot on a napkin. Forgot to mention that I used a flashlight as a light source - just a little unconventional

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.