The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashin

Love the feel of this one. Looks slightly over-exposed but could be my monitor. :thumbs:
Thank you, Ed. I appreciate the comment.

There is really nothing in this image that hits saturation. The cloudy water thing is tough, partly because we never see it--only the camera does. Controlling the tonality is tricky. It can easily become gray and dull if pulled down too much or a blank wall if it pushed up. Because it is water, I think we feel intellectually like it needs some substance, but it is really more like fog. My initial impulse was to pull it down and give some form, but it is more like a classic Chinese landscape of mountains in mist.

We talk so much about the gear, it is nice to talk about the interpretation of an image. My wife actually wants me to print this, which I think is going to be a challenge. I am going to see if Epson has a white in their ink set.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I've been away from the forum for a while, on a 6 week camping trip across Canada, usually without WiFi! But I've processed a few images on my (unprofiled) laptop. Most will await my return home this weekend.

Abandoned century old church, rural Saskatchewan.

Kevin Sink

Equipment: Arca Rm3di, Phase One P65+, Schneider 60mm XL, f13
Technique: 3 shot stitch, 15mm left, center, 15mm right, LCC's applied, C1 v8, Resulting file size: 425 Mb (19 x 45" @ 300 dpi)
Notes: THANK YOU Phase One for incorporating highlight/shadow recovery as a gradient mask!!! Been waiting for years for this. Performs very well in C1 v8

tcdeveau

Here's a pano of the Chicago skyline from the steps of the Adler Planetarium last night. H4D-40, 35-90@90mm, f11, 45 secs

synn

Credo 40, Mamiya 35 f/3.5

Got this lens off the internet for a pittance. Amazed by what I can achieve with it. Needs corner correction in C1P, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.