The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Pramote, that looks familiar. ;)
Will...

I can be a psychic :) I've known you'd recognize and comment about it. Remember we personally met, the very beginning of our friendship!

My DF temporary died shortly after taking this picture from humidity and rain.

I mildly adjusted the contrast etc. and mildly cropped the old picture to make it stronger (especially the left lower corner). To me, I think it makes a big difference to the picture with only a subtle change.

Thanks,

Pramote

Last edited:

Shashin

To me, I think it makes a big difference to the picture with only a subtle change.
And isn't that the amazing thing about photography--or the human visual system. You can take, for all intents and purposes, two identical photographs of the same place, but one shines and the other doesn't just because of some small difference.

Shashin

My DF temporary died shortly after taking this picture from humidity and rain.
One other thought. When I have been changing lenses in humid condition with my 645D, I periodically put the camera without a lens and the card and battery doors open in an air-tight bag with desiccant for a day or two to suck out moisture. I have not had my camera die, but I have seen moisture appear on the inside of the screen displays with the camera under the sun. Weather sealing keeps the moisture out, but it also keeps it in.

tsjanik

A few from yesterday, all with a 645D and 35mm or 80-160mm or 150-300mm. Eighteen Mile Creek is a undeveloped county park popular with fisherman and hunters. The creek is in a deep canyon and has heavy growth of old sycamores, oaks, hemlocks and maple. This is late fall, but striking colors still remain, soon to be replaced with the monotones of winter.

Tom

_IGP5497 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

18-mile creek, w. NY, late fall by tsjanik47, on Flickr

18-mile cr; sycamore, oak, maple by tsjanik47, on Flickr

18-mile ck. Trees revealed by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
One other thought. When I have been changing lenses in humid condition with my 645D, I periodically put the camera without a lens and the card and battery doors open in an air-tight bag with desiccant for a day or two to suck out moisture. I have not had my camera die, but I have seen moisture appear on the inside of the screen displays with the camera under the sun. Weather sealing keeps the moisture out, but it also keeps it in.
Thanks very much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.