The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bridge connecting two structures at Sheremetyevo international airport.
Pentax 645Z and 55mm 2.8 @f/6.3, ISO 100, handheld stitch from two shots. Shot it in a hurry on the way from my flight! It's my custom to always take a shot of this scene with any new gear I buy overseas.

awolf

Same place, next morning, a bit later. The sun simply refused to come out, and it is not every day that I am here :( This one is with the IQ280, 90MM stitched

Same place, next morning, a bit later. The sun simply refused to come out, and it is not every day that I am here :( This one is with the IQ280, 90MM stitched
Just my opinion, but I like the hazy early-morning atmosphere of this shot better than the first one, and I'm not sure if the addition of the sun would have necessarily made it better. Bottom-left corner might be a tad dark, makes the image feel heavier on that side.

awolf

Just my opinion, but I like the hazy early-morning atmosphere of this shot better than the first one, and I'm not sure if the addition of the sun would have necessarily made it better. Bottom-left corner might be a tad dark, makes the image feel heavier on that side.
Thanks for the feedback, good points. You may be right about the sun (and the dark corner:thumbup:), it just that I had a different shot in mind. Had a day to shoot, not a single ray of sun, not to mention the Christmas vending tents all over the city...

Leigh

Hi awolf,

I must agree with Pikker as regards the left bank in the second image. I prefer the framing in the first.

I think the first one looks more "festive", with its brighter lights.

Like both of them. Very nice.

- Leigh

M

mjr

Afternoon.

Grabbed another quick shot this morning, more beautiful light but the days are getting pretty short now, only a couple of hours of lighter skies.

Status
Not open for further replies.