The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bildifokus

Did some corporate portrait shoot in the studio today. I then relaize that i needed some new photos of myself for social medias. So this is me. If you see me somewhere around in the world, please do say hallo! :)

Hasselblad H4D-50 | HC 100 | F8 | 1/4s | iso 50

carstenw

Ed, fantastic shot. I am curious though why you didn't do lens and perspective corrections? The distortion near the skyline is quite noticeable.

Ed Hurst

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback. From you guys, that means a lot to me :)

Carsten - it's a good point. I debated that with myself for a while and left it because somehow the distorted feeling seemed to suit the wild scene. But I will do a tweaked version soon and upload for comparison. Love getting suggestions...

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I'm usually a big fan of perspective corrected shots, but I think I like the uncorrected version better. The buildings leaning in adds to that ominous end-of-the-world feeling. Ed, they're both fantastic!

--Matt

carstenw

I do prefer the new version, but the first one was great too. It does look like there is moustache distortion still in the shot? Just judging by the waterline... Maybe I am seeing wrong, and the shoreline is fooling me.

Ed Hurst

Thanks again everyone for all the positive feedback and encouragement.

I know what you mean Carsten - but I think the curved shape of the coast line is indeed at least partially responsible. The 35mm A lens, being a manual focus lens from the 1980s, does not allow automated lens corrections (though the later 35mm FA does), so I am doing all this by eye.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.