The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Tom,

That's the light that makes carrying large heavy antique gear (i.e., pre-2014) worthwhile. I bet that's a file you can fall in to.

I'd also crop the foreground. Straightening it is fine, but it's quite mysterious without the shore.

Best,

Matt

jlm

Workshop Member
205FCC/110mm-f11/CFV-50c
basically right out of the can, no white balance adjustment needed (shot at daylight, iso200), was over exposed a stop, corrected in Phocus.

richardman

I hope people count XPan as barely medium format. Any case, I probably won't post any more XPan here. XPan is my favorite camera but mainly I use 4x5 in 2014. So for New Year's Eve, I used up a roll of Cinestill T800 and Fuji Pro 400 at the party. I processed them myself in a Jobo and they came out great! Last seconds of 2014. My wife was checking the phone doing the countdown.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

tsjanik

I used transform to straighten the shore and added some vibrance. I printed this with and without the shoreline. I like them both, but the impact is quite different.

_IGP7361_3290-Recoveredcrop copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

This is another shot from that evening. It lacks the horizon light , but has a wonderful line of Canada Geese. They are too small to be seen clearly at this size, but add a very nice element.

Thanks for the comments,

Tom

_IGP7365_3294-Recovered copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

M

mjr

Afternoon

Drove to Narvik yesterday with my latest workshop, here's a quick shot from our lunch spot looking up the fjord.

M

mjr

And one from this morning, standing on a dodgy lake that doesn't seem completely frozen yet!

tsjanik

Thanks Darr. It is one of my favorites (of my work) as a print. Somehow it's very relaxing. It is also one of the few images I prefer printing on a fine art paper rather than my usual Baryta.

Tom

Don Libby

I have that lens (new version) on order, Don, should be here in a week or two. Maybe it'll make me as good as you....
Happy New Year,
Bill
Bill, first thank you for the very kind words. Secondly, I've now had the pleasure of owning/using both versions of this lens. Both are very well made. Both weight a lot! Both require you to be on your A-game when using either. Both can be used handheld however they work better when on a steady mount.

The original purpose of this lens is to be used on my Sony A7r IR body as well as light duty on the DF. I used this lens more on the DF during a recent trip to Moab than I thought I Would and will share the images shortly.

The older version I had was used on both a P30+ and P45+ and produced great files so long as I did my part and not get cocky. I see the same with the new version and the IQ180. I was so close to getting what I wanted in the image above which was close to far focus and screwed it up just slightly with the in close focus. I'll need to be more aware of what I'm doing...

Don

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Yes Don - I'll use mine with the a7r as well - I'm waiting on the adapter from B&H. Presumably one can adjust the diaphragm on the Hartblei whereas I guess regular Phase/Mamiya lenses can only be used at max aperture on the a7r.

Bill

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Tom, as others here, I really like your geese/Lake Erie image - very contemplative. Here's one I took on Georgian Bay 10 years ago - without the soft subtlety of yours.

tsjanik

Bill:

I like the little ones in your image; I see young Mergansers on the lake every summer and they're a joy to watch.

I really like your shot, it's so representative of the Great Lakes when there is no wind (not tonight).

Tom

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

I shot this image yesterday with a P45+ and some lens. The image is an HDR of three exposures processed in Lumartiver HDR. Lumariver has the ability to build HDRs of unmosaiced images. The resulting HDR image was saved as a DNG file and processed in both Lightroom and PhotoShop CS.

I used Photoshop for processing the sky, a very simple recipe I found out long ago:

1) Duplicate the base layer
2) Use multiply
3) Go to bottom layer and press alt-cmd-5 (to select blue channel)
4) Go back to top layer and add a layer mask
5) Adjust opacity to taste

Than I collapsed layers and saved and finished processing in Lightroom.

Best regards
Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.