The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Afternoon

Beautiful here early this morning, bitterly cold though, -20c with strong wind, brrr.

Don Libby

Newspaper Rock, State Park Moab UT. DF/IQ180 Hartblie Super-Rotator (handheld on a railing) f/3.5 1/50 ISO 35. Morning is the best time to capture this.

M

mjr

Morning!

Literally one of the most incredible mornings I have ever experienced, 50mph wind at the lake, driving snow and the most amazing sky colour as the sun started to come up, we still don't see it yet but it's getting closer. This looking away from the sunrise, the colours were amazing and the snow driving across the frozen lake was evil, straight in to the camera and my face!

M

mjr

Another, I have toned this down a lot, the sky was nuclear looking, I am aware this still looks over processed but it actually looked brighter than this!

RVB

Another not new image. I have 0 inspiration at the moment, but that makes me look at earlier shots. I've found this and I like it, the light at the horizon of Lake Erie is remarkable, but would it be better to crop out the shoreline? Any thoughts appreciated.

Tom

_IGP7361_3290 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr
Really nice shot.. I think the shoreline would have worked if it was parallel to the horizon,maybe a little photoshop? Of course this is very subjective.. (I just noticed you already posted an edited version after I made this post..)

Rob

tsjanik

Really nice shot.. I think the shoreline would have worked if it was parallel to the horizon,maybe a little photoshop? Of course this is very subjective.. (I just noticed you already posted an edited version after I made this post..)

Rob
Thanks Rob; good suggestion :)

Shashin

Another not new image. I have 0 inspiration at the moment, but that makes me look at earlier shots. I've found this and I like it, the light at the horizon of Lake Erie is remarkable, but would it be better to crop out the shoreline? Any thoughts appreciated.

Tom
Love the shoreline. It the texture an mass juxtaposes the delicate nature of the sky and water. No pun intended, but it gives the image an edge.

Shashin

The color of my forest in 2014 from January (top left) to December (bottom right).

Happy new year folks.

Don Libby

And this is why I love shooting medium format. 2-shot stitched into 44x30 (171 megapixel) using a Phase One DF and 80-megapixel IQ180 with a Mamiya LS 55mm lens f/8 1/160 ISO 35 (handheld).

tsjanik

And this is why I love shooting medium format. 2-shot stitched into 44x30 (171 megapixel) using a Phase One DF and 80-megapixel IQ180 with a Mamiya LS 55mm lens f/8 1/160 ISO 35 (handheld).
Holy cow, that's a stunner Don. I really like the processing too. I'd like to see that printed BIG.

Tom

Don Libby

Holy cow, that's a stunner Don. I really like the processing too. I'd like to see that printed BIG.

Tom
Thanks Tom, the file is currently sized at 44x30; I'll be doing a test print within the next couple days. Might end up printing slightly larger, who knows. Watching the forecast now for the next 10-days and might re-visit if conditions hold. Next time I'll shoot it with the WRS for a larger print file.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.