The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Thanks Alan! It's an amazing place, ice is very thick but bloody cold down there.

Mat

tsjanik

Afternoon.

Went back for more abstract ice shots today, freezing cold on the lake but amazed at the shapes and lines produced by the moving ice. Experimented with sliding tripod across the ice and stitching the results, some very nice large files that will print really beautifully. At 100% these look great, millions of air bubbles.

Love these Mat. Interestingly they remind me of a series I did of morning-frost-covered shale. An example is below. I have some even more similar to your ice images, but can't locate them (my filing systems needs work):banghead:

Tom

CAIMG2clearmod copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

M

mjr

Thanks Tom!

Indeed, they have a similar theme, I am really drawn to strong shapes like these, the abstract nature really helps. I think what they really need is to be printed very large and laminated behind perspex or something so there's depth to them, the tiny bubbles when you look close up are amazing.

Here's another I like.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Mat

Of all shown " ice-images " , I like this one best . :thumbs: I just try to imagine that image in a frame . Hmmmmmmm .....

M

mjr

Thanks Jürgen!

I have lots that I like but that one is great, I will post a pic once a couple are printed up.

Cheers

Mat

M

mjr

Afternoon!

Vicious day here today, very strong wind blowing across the lake but took a snowmobile out to the centre and found some incredible clear ice, could see the bottom many meters below. Got some nice shots with snow blowing through, really difficult to stand up and stay with the camera as just being blown across the ice.

M

mjr

One more at the risk of boring people. These almost look like deep space shots!

malmac

Afternoon!

Vicious day here today, very strong wind blowing across the lake but took a snowmobile out to the centre and found some incredible clear ice, could see the bottom many meters below. Got some nice shots with snow blowing through, really difficult to stand up and stay with the camera as just being blown across the ice.

I would like to see this image as a double exposure with the natural horizon line in your image overlapping a landscape of the frozen lake with the clouds scudding across a frozen sky.

Do really like your frozen abstractions.

Mal

M

mjr

Afternoon!

Whilst the Leica is not the ideal camera for aurora photography, it doesn't do too bad a job on occasion. This from last night.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Three panel stitch with IQ140, SK 60XL. Green River.

--Matt

Edit: Cropped off the distracting pier on the right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.