The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildRover

Last week on a cold day. Did some sunrise shots at a go to place here in Door County, and then continued up the peninsula. This is near the tip at the harbor in Gills Rock. The avians here are mostly of the snow bird variety.

Rick

Pentax -D- FA 45-85 @ 65mm, f/13, ISO 100

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

This is a stitch of two images shot with a P45+ on Hasselblad 555/ELD I shot previous year. I was irritated with the colour aliasing on the rippled water behind the rocks and ignored it for a long time, one of the frequent posters said it was a nice image in spite of the moiré stuff, so here it comes:

The full size images is here: http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/A...14_09_20/20130920_p45_stendorren_stitch_1.jpg

Best regards
Erik

tsjanik

Great image! I guessed it was yours long before seeing the signature!

Best regards
Erik
Thanks Erik, although I suspect my images are identifiable less because of a style and more because they are from a limited distance from my home.

I like your shot and no contrail :)

Ed Hurst

Sydney's extensive coast line is notable for its rockpools - provided at many beaches around the city in support of the country's well-known active, outdoor lifestyle. This is one of them this morning...

[/url]_IMG5779Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG5775Step4sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG5781Step9PersCAFCropSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG5785Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, SpiffingPics (1/4million views -thanks!), on Flickr[/IMG]

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

The reason I realised that picture was one of yours is that:

- The subject was birds and wildlife
- The image was taken in good light

Very few MFD photographers show wildlife pictures. I see that good light in many pictures, but birds in flight and good light in combination with MFD is a pretty good indication that you were holding the camera.

Thanks for feedback, I would have ignored that picture without you suggestions.

Best regards
Erik

Thanks Erik, although I suspect my images are identifiable less because of a style and more because they are from a limited distance from my home.

I like your shot and no contrail :)

stngoldberg

I have this friend, Richard, that makes furniture without any nails. The sections are connected with internal dowels etc. Takes him months to complete each piece, but fortunately he is retired so he works on the furniture whenever his wife allows him to!

Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.