The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Morning

I've been concentrating on black and white recently, mainly because the weather has been a bit rubbish and on good days the light is very harsh as we approach 24hr daylight.

M

mjr

Evening, more bad weather here and more black and white, the riverbank by my house.

D

Deleted member 7792

North Carolina Outer Banks. EXIF in border.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

richardman

// EDIT: I have been corrected that this was part of Market Hall, a place that had always been used as a open air market. Nevertheless, my feeling of unease was genuine. Thinking back, I saw the Main Entrance earlier in the day and saw the "Daughter of Confederacy" and felt no less un-ease. I know it's all part of our history and heritage.

I know this strides far off into politic and history and I shall not continue to post. Nevertheless, the rush of un-easiness that I felt was genuine, for whatever it's worth. // END-EDIT

I was in Charleston, SC to do my Transformations:Cosplay project. With one afternoon free, I visited Charleston and then met up with my friend in town. While walking, I mentioned that like many cities, e.g. Boston's Faneuil Hall, or San Francisco's Piers, that they have kept some of the older buildings and repurposed them for small merchants and such.

For whatever reason, a particular row of buildings looked very odd to me, with the big openings where windows should be. I almost imagined that it would be full of horses or livestock. Something gnawed at me. I pointed out the buildings to my friend, and she said "Why do you think this is called Market Street?"

That sent a chill down my spine. I had to go in and took a quick shot. I couldn't stomach being there. Perhaps during the daytime it's full of vibrant merchants, but at that time, it reeked of memories. Of pain. Suffering.

Last edited:

richardman

A trick for male photographers to have their spouse indulge on allowing them to buy expensive gears (Spouse:"don't you have one of those already?" Photographer-who-spent-too-much-money:".. but think of the Bokeh!" Spouse:*roll eyes*) is to take great pictures of said spouse.

This might involve buying more gears, set up the perfect lights, paint the living room white as a studio. Subscribe to Photoshop CC and take a few classes at local colleges.

In my case, I said: "I have a few frames left in the roll, please do something over there." Focus and push the button. It's that easy.

Not sure if it works the same way for female photographers.

M

mjr

Afternoon.

Near constant miserable weather here, lots of rain and low cloud, umbrella is earning its keep! I'm liking the deep, rich black and white in these conditions, tree line in a storm.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

These are not great art - just tests of my new Hartblei 45 mm Super-Rotator (new version). IQ180, both at f11 with about 6 degrees of tilt. There is a fair amount of chromatic aberration, easily corrected in C1, otherwise I'm quite pleased with the lens. It's mechanically beautifully made.

jlm

Workshop Member
emphasis on fun; shot with Vblad 205FCC, 60mm lens CFV50-c: Ramapo Concors, NJ
(made a dumb mistake and all were at least 2 stops overexposed, saved by Phocus pretty well)
T-bird

bmw:

messerschmidts:

some very nice XK-120 jags:

M

mjr

Morning!

Busy few weeks here but grabbed a few shots between jobs, we have lots of water here as the spring melt up in the mountains has made it's way to us.

Ed Hurst

Sydney's annual Vivid Festival provides the opportunity to see wonderful lighting installations and displays set against the background of one of the world's most beautiful cities. Apologies for the image that shows an ugly mug sitting on a bench. And thanks to my contacts who provided access to unusual vantage points!

Pictures all taken with 645Z and 645D.

[/url]Step8CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]Step9SpotSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]Step18BCropSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG2636Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG2565Step4sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG2548Step2SSsRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG2546Step2SSsRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG2519Step4SpotFlatSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG2507Step4sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG2481Step10FlatSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG2475Step8sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG2440Step9sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG2374Step7sRGBCropSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG2067Step4sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG2043Step4sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]_IMG2001Step5CropSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Adam L

Ed, such wonderful images. I was there for my first ever visit during this festival. I took my RX1 and have no where near as awesome pictures as you posted. Mine are full of people too.

Status
Not open for further replies.