The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Bit quiet here, everybody busy I hope!

I'm not so busy, it's 45 degrees here and unpleasant.

Anyway, here's a shot of a bridge here that I really like, quick b&w conversion really appeals to me.

ChrisLivsey

Just getting a handle on the P45+, it seems more sensitive to WB changes than my P20 so I went for a table top shot for some stability of conditions and colours.

120mm f4 Makro planar CF on H1 with adapter

Shashin

I have just published a photo book on Tokyo, a type of history of the city told through the landscape. This is an outtake from that project. I liked the image, it was just one of the many that were cut.

Ed Hurst

Pentax 645Z plus 120mm f4 A lens:

[/url]StarTrailsFrom_IMG4694-6093Step7sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Crop from a frame taken with 645Z plus 6x7 75mm f2.8AL lens

[/url]_IMG6347Step3sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Similar shot, uncropped this time

[/url]_IMG6381Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

645Z plus 25mm f4 DA lens and 10 stop ND filter

[/url]_IMG6391Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

645Z plus 25mm f4 DA plus 64x ND

[/url]_IMG6402Step8sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Same technical details

[/url]_IMG6404Step6sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

645Z plus 6x7 75mm f2.8AL and big stopper

[/url]_IMG6362Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Shashin

This is from a project I did a while back. I had 30 minutes to shoot nine poets and get them to write something. I then needed to make and print 40" posters which were hung during a poetry festival--the nights a particular poet was reading, the poster would go up. This was shot on a p25+ on a Linholf cs679 view camera. Not cropped. A bit different from my usual work, but fun.

malmac

Here is something just to maintain a range of different approaches to photography.

"Tipping Point"

A metaphor for the many forces which change the landscape ion which we live in one way or another.

Images taken at Broken Head - Northern New South Wales, Australia.

Regards

Mal
Australia

tsjanik

I have just published a photo book on Tokyo, a type of history of the city told through the landscape. This is an outtake from that project. I liked the image, it was just one of the many that were cut.
A nice image of the way it was and as it is now.

M

mjr

Morning

I love the vehicles out here, amazing that any of them run. This one looks to have briefly given up.

- - - Updated - - -

Another, one careful owner and needs a clean but otherwise, perfect.

Ed Hurst

Pretty pleased with this one in terms of my masochistic tendency to make things difficult for myself. Rather than using a full frame 35mm DSLR, this was taken with the 645Z plus a 6x7 300mm EFID f4 lens with mount adaptor and 1.4x teleconverter handheld; manual focus lens.

[/url]_IMG6598_FromRAW by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto...

[/url]_IMG6606_FromRAW by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

[/url]_IMG6613_FromRAW by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
These colours are the reason why I made the Kodak investment so many years ago and started me on the precipitous plummet into Dante's MF digital inferno. To my eye, this is as good as film.

The 80/1.9 is a special lens too - it's our MF noctilux and so overlooked.

Excellent portfolio Peter ... I think that you'll enjoy the square format of the 645M and Kodak/Leaf raw files. It's a very cost effective way into medium format digital so long as you are blessed with a good indestructible back. :thumbs:

Mamiya AFD, Sekor 1.9/80mm, Kodak Pro Back 645M.

Status
Not open for further replies.