The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Morning!

Back home in Sweden after 2 months of guns and heat and general unpleasantness in Mali, great assignment with the UN.

Back to shots of home, nothing like your own bed!

jerome

Bayern 2015

Hello

My beginning with panorama. Hand held and stitched from 4 photos with Lightroom 6.
In fact, it's technically easy with LR. Now, esthetically ...
Hassy d50 Hc 28

H3dtogo

Re: Bayern 2015

Hello

My beginning with panorama. Hand held and stitched from 4 photos with Lightroom 6.
In fact, it's technically easy with LR. Now, esthetically ...
Hassy d50 Hc 28

Great color and nice car in the right corner of the image :) :clap:

AaronK

Rusting trolley cars lost to the elements.

3 photo stitch, Phase One IQ140, Mamiya 35mm AF lens (a really fine lens, no matter what others say), the 'ol DF. f/10, ISO 50, 0.6 seconds, -1 stop exposure compensation, polarizer, Capture One Pro 8.3.

More on my Flickr page.

AaronK

Another rusting trolley car. IQ140, Mamiya 35mm AF lens at f/10, DF body, -1.3 stops exposure compensation, polarizer. Processing in Capture One Pro 8.3 and then Photoshop / Analog Efex 2 from Google (Nik).

More on my Flickr page.

Ed Hurst

It's been awhile since I had time to share. I've now switched over to shooting a new Phase XF with my IQ180 and love it. Likewise I've gotten several days worth of shooting with the 40-80 which I equally love. I'm headed back to Sedona tomorrow in hopes of capturing the meteor shows either there or at the South Rim. Last night we were treated to a great lightshow and decided to test the XF/180 which it turns out worked very well.

Beautiful shots Don - enjoyed them very much! Especially with the little bit of colour in the sky - balances the dark scenes and lightning very well, giving the shots a lovely mood.

Shashin

I'd love some help editing down my (far too many) candidate images for a future book of Bodyscapes. All shot on medium format.

Since I don't want to monopolize this thread perhaps you could provide the feedback on this Facebook Thread. Or here if you prefer.
Doug, that is about the worst way to edit a photo book. Maybe asking a blind poodle to choose based on taste would be worse.

Find a good editor, if you cannot do it yourself. Also, get the designer involve too. Editing without regards to the design makes little sense. A book should be more than a random collection of images.

Right now, since you don't even have a book design, why are you even trying to narrow down the candidates? Will there be more? Then it is certainly too early to be doing this.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Doug, that is about the worst way to edit a photo book. Maybe asking a blind poodle to choose based on taste would be worse.

Find a good editor, if you cannot do it yourself. Also, get the designer involve too. Editing without regards to the design makes little sense. A book should be more than a random collection of images.

Right now, since you don't even have a book design, why are you even trying to narrow down the candidates? Will there be more? Then it is certainly too early to be doing this.
This is the "rough" editing phase. I don't believe it's wise to give a designer the quantity of images I have. This is only the most recent four shoots, and is maybe one third of the accumulated total of the collection.

I've always believed strongly in the wisdom of crowds especially when the crowd is a group of photographers (rather than the general public). But of course I'll take any feedback with a grain of salt and filter it through my own aesthetics; it's not like I have my server set to auto delete images that don't get votes. When there is strong clumping around a small number of images that tells me something valuable especially if it's an image that hadn't previously stood out to me (could also represent herding, but that's another story).

Two years ago I did something similar and found the results very helpful in guiding my edit.

jerome

testing panorama with old stuff :)
I never dared to do this before, I beieved it was too painfull and boring
actually, it isn't !

Hassyd50 HC 28 From 3 photos

stngoldberg

Iconic B&M backed beans factory in Portland, Maine which is located at 1 beanpot place if you care to visit. You must taste their brown bread with raisins in a can...toast a piece and top with butter or cream cheese....YUMMY
Stanley

M

mjr

Evening!

Just caught my first aurora of the season here, from my garden too! It's not really dark yet so must have been fairly strong, didn't last long but managed to grab a couple of quick shots.

M

mjr

Afternoon!

Sorry to be flooding this thread, incredibly beautiful here this morning, feeling in a black and white mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.