The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Thanks jlm

I think big rivers like this look great frozen with a fast shutter speed, I don't mind longer exposures for some types of water but it is a little overdone.

Mat

JohnBrew

Mat, great captures! I especially like the first bw. I think it would be even more eye-catching if you cropped out the sun - not that there is anything wrong with it the way it is :). I could see this one on my wall.

M

mjr

Thanks John!

Yes, that first b&w is one of my favourites, just enough movement in the water, I like shooting at around 1/45 gives a nice feel. I cropped down to 8x10 and also tried a square, I have no problem with cropping but I really like the sun trying to shine through, it gives an extra depth to the fog, it's going up on my wall for sure!

Thanks again.

Mat

tsjanik

Grand Tetons. Stitch, 645Z. We went for a wedding and saw this as we departed. Taken with the 28-45mm. I really hesitated to buy this lens, knowing I could buy the new Sony A7 and a wide angle for the same amount, but I'm not disappointed.

Tetons_Panorama1 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Oliver

Another one from the last series. This time black and white portrait. Mostly unretouched (removed a few stray hairs) apart from the black and white conversion in Capture One.

P21+ / PhaseOne 645 AF / Phase One 80mm 2.8 with 12mm extension tube.
Profoto Pro7B flash, octabox (gridded)

arionelli

View attachment 94436View attachment 94437

Contax 645 80/2 P30+...trial by fire at my niece's wedding...1st images with the back received one day prior and not at all used to taking people shots with MF and manual focus (should have used the auto button, note to self)...My kids Arion & Elli, natural light, just played a bit with recovering highs and lows (I'm much rawer than these files I took)...constructive comments very welcome. I notice these uploads look quite crunchy compared to the files in C1 and jpegs on my mac.
Thanks, Martin

Last edited:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I don't present this as great art - it's not - but I can't write about how good the SK 35 lens is on the XF/380 without showing an image or someone will put up that "This thread is no good etc etc." So for the record, the lens is everything Phase claim it to be. Very sharp even at F3,5 and phenomenal at f5.6. But it is heavy!

Still, on the original file I can virtually count the leaves on the trees on the cape in the background. The corners are tack sharp.

Shot at ISO 50, F11, 4 second Vibration Delay.

WildRover

Hmmm, Bill, that looks very similar to the shoreline here in Door County. Additional lens testing required. I'd love to see more from here.

Rick

tsjanik

I don't present this as great art - it's not - but I can't write about how good the SK 35 lens is on the XF/380 without showing an image or someone will put up that "This thread is no good etc etc." So for the record, the lens is everything Phase claim it to be. Very sharp even at F3,5 and phenomenal at f5.6. But it is heavy!

Still, on the original file I can virtually count the leaves on the trees on the cape in the background. The corners are tack sharp.

Shot at ISO 50, F11, 4 second Vibration Delay.
Very nice Bill; looks like the Bruce peninsula!

Tom

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Status
Not open for further replies.