The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Cornfield, Luverne Minnesota. This is near Jim Brandenburg's gallery and Touch the Sky Prairie. Clearly not the tall grass prairie, but still striking and an image of what might the most successful plant on earth (so far).

IMGP1787 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

M

mjr

Thanks Bill!

Regrettably I've never been to Canada, I have worked with some great Canadians over the years too! I guess areas of your landscape are pretty similar to mine here in Sweden, plenty of forests and lakes, I must plan a trip to see for myself.

Have a good day.

Mat

AaronK

It's hard to believe that summer is practically over.

I'm coming to terms with the 300mm f/4.5 APO lens on the 645 DF. It's not easy to achieve sharpness, and of course the depth of field is tiny. I find that no matter the tripod I can't shoot portrait orientation, as the shutter is just too strong and imparts movement. Mounting the camera to a solid building might fix the issue. I wondered why I see so many of these lenses without the tripod collar, and then I tried it. It's not rigid to say the least. I am back to trying to get the body L plate to cope.

This shot is 1/70th @ f/10, ISO 50, on the IQ140. I posted a few more over on Flickr.

M

mjr

Morning!

Fairly strong aurora here last night, not the good streaks across the sky but a steady glow for hours, even the S picked it up!

awolf

First night with the XF/120/IQ380. Five shots pano, hard to see it here but the resolution is incredible, you can easily read street signs and house numbers, etc. across the lake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.