The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Great view Tom, have you got a spare room haha?! I'd love to shoot in your part of the world some time, it looks fantastic!

Mat

Michiel Schierbeek

Wondeful images Tjanik and Ralf!
That Hasselblad lens is really wonderful for these kind shots aCIDfire! Is it any good for landscapes as well? (I've been looking at this lens for a while, although I do have the P67 105 for portraits)

Ran into this old reformed church in the little town Tholen to shelter for the rain, Zeeland.

P645Z FA 45-85

aCIDfire

Michiel Schierbeek: To be honest I didn´t use Hassy 100 for landscape yet..mostly portraits. It´s H 100/2.2 which I think is not adaptable for Pentax 645Z (maybe I´am wrong). You could use
110/2 which is MF only and can be adapted. 110/2 has a bit different look than 100/2.2, 110/2 has more contrasty bokeh. My friend is using 645 + pentax 105/2.4 with amazing results..
take a look, some of those landscape pictures are with 105/2.4 (http://pentaxfriends.eu/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=651).

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel Schierbeek: To be honest I didn´t use Hassy 100 for landscape yet..mostly portraits. It´s H 100/2.2 which I think is not adaptable for Pentax 645Z (maybe I´am wrong). You could use
110/2 which is MF only and can be adapted. 110/2 has a bit different look than 100/2.2, 110/2 has more contrasty bokeh. My friend is using 645 + pentax 105/2.4 with amazing results..
take a look, some of those landscape pictures are with 105/2.4 (http://pentaxfriends.eu/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=651).
Ah, I was confused with the 110/2 V lens. Thank you for the link. Nice images, the language is a bit difficult.

Lucille

This thread keeps bothering me.... poking at me....tempting me....

I long for it to go away, then.....It comes back......

All of you cats posting here are truly making art.

Very impressive.

M

mjr

Morning, last from the steel works, I'm boring myself now! I really like these shots, there is so much to see, I have printed a couple at 24 x 36 and they are really nice.

Have a good weekend all!

Mat

Pelorus

Morning, last from the steel works, I'm boring myself now! I really like these shots, there is so much to see, I have printed a couple at 24 x 36 and they are really nice.

Have a good weekend all!

Mat
I love this series Mat. I assume they are with the Leica. Can you give us a few details - focal lengths, ISO, shutter speed?

M

mjr

Hey Pelorus, thanks, glad you like them, I think they're great too!

These are for a new client and first time I had been inside the building so even though I had planned to use the S 006 on a tripod at ISO100, within 2 minutes it was clear that wouldn't work. The client didn't want me using a tripod as a lot was going on at the time so I had to go with the new S 007, these are all exactly the same settings as it was mainly a recce visit, I will return for more dedicated work.

I set the 007 to ISO 800, 24mm lens, hyperfocal focusing at f4, shutter speed at 1/45 and just shot handheld. The DOF scale on the new S is brilliant for this sort of work, focus at 15m gives me everything from 7m out to infinity in focus and as I wanted to get the scale of the place that worked for me, next time things will be easier and I will use a tripod and lower ISO but honestly, the files are really good. I was only inside an hour, very little processing in LR only and to the client 2 hours later, very happy! It's not for everyone at all but I am beginning to really enjoy the new S.

Have a good weekend.

Mat

Pelorus

Hey Pelorus, thanks, glad you like them, I think they're great too!

These are for a new client and first time I had been inside the building so even though I had planned to use the S 006 on a tripod at ISO100, within 2 minutes it was clear that wouldn't work. The client didn't want me using a tripod as a lot was going on at the time so I had to go with the new S 007, these are all exactly the same settings as it was mainly a recce visit, I will return for more dedicated work.

I set the 007 to ISO 800, 24mm lens, hyperfocal focusing at f4, shutter speed at 1/45 and just shot handheld. The DOF scale on the new S is brilliant for this sort of work, focus at 15m gives me everything from 7m out to infinity in focus and as I wanted to get the scale of the place that worked for me, next time things will be easier and I will use a tripod and lower ISO but honestly, the files are really good. I was only inside an hour, very little processing in LR only and to the client 2 hours later, very happy! It's not for everyone at all but I am beginning to really enjoy the new S.

Have a good weekend.

Mat
Thanks Mat, simple and effective!!

malmac

Col des Aravis, French Alpes

Hassy d50 HC28
Hard not to like your image - however I am one of those people who want to crop in post - I for one would be interested in seeing some of the foreground cropped out - for two reasons - 1 because there is a lot of the same there and 2. to change the proportions of the image to give a more panoramic aspect to what is after all a glorious landscape - where the breadth could be emphasised.

But then again others will see it differently and so they should.

Regards

Mal

Status
Not open for further replies.