The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerome

Hard not to like your image - however I am one of those people who want to crop in post - I for one would be interested in seeing some of the foreground cropped out - for two reasons - 1 because there is a lot of the same there and 2. to change the proportions of the image to give a more panoramic aspect to what is after all a glorious landscape - where the breadth could be emphasised.

Mal
Thanks for the comment.

Actually, I tested the two versions (cropped and uncropped) and cropped version seemed better for the good reasons you said.

My computer crashed and the cropped version was lost and, you know, i'm lazy sometimes, and a little voice said "don't crop, it's not fair".

but you are right, sometime, we have to crop :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Mat, I really like your industrial images from the steel plant!

Looks really nice synn, this mamiya shift stich!
I bought one in Hasselblad mount, can't wait to try it out, but i am still waiting for the adapter.

There are very little opportunitys with decent weather or interesting light since I bought this camera. Must be autumn.

Pentax 645Z A 35

First one on the Pentax Z with " frozen" water with a ND 1000 filter.

DougDolde

Aspens and Firs, Ridgway, Colorado

Mamiya DF, IQ180, Mamiya 150mm D lens (Ken Doo's old lens). Just finished a 33" x 44" print on Moab Somerset Museum Rag. Finished with Breathing Color Timeless varnish.

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thank you! I like my aptus 22. :)
We get tied up in a knot about the capabilities of our state of the art backs but it's easy to forget how absolutely beautiful the results from the older backs are. For me, I still think that my leaf aptus 65M produces the best images even compared to my newer backs. Is that sad? (I don't think so .. )

tsjanik

I like this a lot. It's a wall hanger. :thumbs:

Stop? Please don't.

Some nice imagery Tom. Keep em coming. I've done some Fall Color with a similar motif. Will post some when I get em ready.

Rick
Thanks Graham and Rick. I recently switched from an Epson to a Canon printer and haven't been able to get a print of this I like. This is not a comment on Epson vs. Canon, but rather my experience with the Canon needs some of the effort I had invested in the Epson.

Rick, I look forward to some of your images from the western end of the Great Lakes.

Tom

Tom

Michiel Schierbeek

Two from a small cathedral in Dieppe.
Although I am not religious I am always interested in cathedrals, the architecture and often magnificant effort put in it.
It is a real test for highlight recovery. Not the strongest point of this sensor.
Next time I try exposure bracketing in these kind of situations.

Pentax 645Z FA 45-85

Status
Not open for further replies.