The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Rick, both shots are of the Bruce Peninsula where I live. The panorama is adjacent to Georgian Bay and is part of the Niagara Escarpment in the area of Cabot Head Provincial Nature Reserve. I took the pictures two days ago (Sunday).

I too love Lake Superior and spent a couple of weeks on the northern and eastern shore in September - unfortunately a bit too early for the fall colours. I love the Minesing area as well!

Cheers,
Bill

WildRover

Thanks Bill. After my post, I kind of thought that it was indeed part of the Niagara Escarpment landscape with the light colored cliffs. Around Lake Superior is mostly the Canadian Shield granites, basalts, and such. Thanks for replying. It's amazing that the colors are still hanging on. I get a bad case of wanderlust when seeing images like that.

Rick

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you Tom. It is a nice lens in deed, and so small!

Thank you Antonio!
The Pentax files are very robuust, you can slam them around in PP, so to speak.
It has been stated many times before; you have to watch the highlights, they are easely blown.
Since I have the latest camera profiles, - from Torger on this forum, thanks a lot! - I do prefer the
Pentax colours.
Details are quiet and clear, much better as the A7r files. Still like the Sony to walk around with, great quality in
a small package. I have to get used to a bit more planning with the Pentax because it is bigger in the hope that my photography
benefits from it. Also you can walk around with it with a small set of lenses or one zoom lens.

Today I received a Pentax 67 165/2.8. Like new and I bought it for peanuts.
It is better suited for portraits but it is not bad either stopped down, F11 I think, for longer distances.

Swissblad

Not sure if this is a suitable thread for ancient analogue pix.....

A walk down memory lane.....found this pic while cleaning up..... Comet Haley Bopp way back when.....;)

M

mjr

Morning!

Spent a couple of days up inside the Arctic Circle, not much snow but starting to feel wintery as ice is forming on the rocks at the edge of Lake Torneträsk.

The sun was in the right place to capture the light coming through Lapporten too.

M

mjr

Thanks Rick!

The winter is taking its time this year, getting colder but no snow yet! I'm looking forward to seeing what I can find this year too, my favourite time of the year.

Mat

M

mjr

One more, very early, bitterly cold wind and a dodgy walk down to the lake. Waiting for sunrise and the clouds just blew away enough to reveal the first hint of colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.