The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Is this a Japanese Maple? It is a tree near my home; the colors in the leaves are remarkable and I hope I can get a better image than this, but in the meantime if anyone knows for sure the identity, I'd greatly appreciate an answer.

Tom
Untitled2 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

fotografz

Is this a Japanese Maple? It is a tree near my home; the colors in the leaves are remarkable and I hope I can get a better image than this, but in the meantime if anyone knows for sure the identity, I'd greatly appreciate an answer.

Tom
Untitled2 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr
I have a big 50' Japanese Maple on my property and the leaves look somewhat like your photo, but not quite as frilly on the edges. The leaf on my smaller decorative Japanese Maple look more like your picture.

I'm pretty sure yours is some minor variant of a Japanese Maple.

These trees start as deep green in Spring, progress to a plum hue in Summer, then explode in color as Fall approaches. Spectacular colors every year. When backlit, they look like they are on fire.

- Marc

tsjanik

I'm pretty sure yours is some minor variant of a Japanese Maple.

These trees start as deep green in Spring, progress to a plum hue in Summer, then explode in color as Fall approaches. Spectacular colors every year. When backlit, they look like they are on fire.

- Marc
Thanks Marc, I suspect you're right, but the frilliness of the leaves made me wonder.

Tom

M

mjr

Afternoon

We're starting to see ice form on the edges of the rivers here, this shot from earlier this morning.

tcdeveau

Got off the internet and went out and about in Atlanta (my home city) last week and got some shots around Piedmont Park. H4D-40/35-90mm. The black and white shot is a two minute exposure with a big stopper and singh ray-3 stop ND Job_1165-Edit-2-Edit-Edit.jpgJob_1184_HDR-Edit-Edit.jpg

M

mjr

Afternoon!

Lots of aurora here last night, heavy cloud blocking most of it but the occasional gap made it worth while.

richardman

I mostly photograph with 4x5 and 617, and there aren't many "magic lens". Oh sure you have 150 APO Sironar S or the Super Symmar XL, or the Gold Dagor, but in the end, one stands alone (*) :) - the Cooke PS945, which recreates the look of the legendary Pinkham and Smith Visual Quality IV lens. Most of my 4x5 portraits are taken with the lens.

I checked that the image circle should cover 617, and indeed it does. There is hardly any light by the time I set up the camera, so this is about F5, but the bokeh is oh so smooth.

Shen Hao 617, Ektar 100 (why EKtar? Because I have a 617 frame left on the roll, normally I use Portra 160 for portraits...), Cooke PS945

(*) Yes, I am being hyperbole

I have just purchased my first medium format camera, a secondhand Leica S 006 with a brand new Summarit 70mm lens. Below is on of my first shot with this combo.
Handheld: ISO 400 - f/3,4 - 1/180s

Attachments

mediumcool

First shots with the Mamiya 645 for a couple of years

Mamiya 645afd/Aptus 22 w/35mm 1/15 f/16 ISO25

The sky was comped in from a one-stop-darker shot, providing a touch of drama. I also had to step on the contrast, clarity, and saturation, as the lens is flary, and badly needs a clean—it is multi-coated (MF version), but has fungus behind the front element. Processing in C1 with the ‘35’ preset helped make up for the lens’ infamous deficiencies.

mediumcool

Inside the house

Mamiya 645afd/Aptus 22 w/50mm shift 1/4 f/16 ISO25

The outside courtyard was tipped in from a one-stop-darker shot. Processed in C1 and composited in Pixelmator.

Status
Not open for further replies.