The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ai_Print

Shot a few hours ago. I worked mostly in black and white film today but having the CFV50c handy made easy work of throwing a color shot into the mix. Hasselblad 501CM, 120mm 5.6 S-Planar @F22, 1/2 second at ISO 100.

Bells_Winta.jpg

WildRover

"Vermilion View"

Vermilion Falls south of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area near Crane Lake in Minnesota. Its from five horizontal shots. I used small bites to make the panorama which was done in Lightroom.

Rick

Pentax 645D, 25mm.

Attachments

Ai_Print

Another from today, 5 frame vertical stitch with a 60mm 3.5 CF, about 4 feet wide at 300dpi....5 to 20 foot wide @300dpi pano shots are a big reason I got this back, requests for these kinds of sizes from clients are on rise.

Bellzpano.jpg

mediumcool

Nice images mediumcool. I believe many members here would have some helpful suggestions for that large blank wall.

Rick
Not with the exchange rate! But here is one I prepared earlier. [quick and dirty I have to say—note the LL Bean camera bag and the supermarket shopping bag to the left—but the Ficus picture is luscious, even though it’s from a M4/3 camera!] :D

jlm

Workshop Member
i am amazed how clean the streets are in cities outside NYC, where creeps dump their trash everywhere

nice little place you are showing

Michiel Schierbeek

i am amazed how clean the streets are in cities outside NYC, where creeps dump their trash everywhere

nice little place you are showing
Thank you! They do a lot of sweeping in all those little vilages and towns in France.
In our vilage here in France there is one person sweeping the streets every now and then.

tsjanik

An image from last spring I'm working on. I sell prints of local scenes in a nearby restaurant, I'm considering using this image. Any thoughts on removing the contrails? For some reason they bother me.

Untitled_Panorama21 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Last edited:

Ai_Print

An image from last spring I'm working on. I sell prints of local scenes in a nearby restaurant, I'm considering using this image. Any thoughts on removing the contrails? For some reason they bother me.
Well you know you have three of them in there, right? There are the really recent ones that are small and obvious and then you have the bigger diffuse one that is in the same area that is probably 20-30 minutes old.

The way I approach this is if I don't like the contrails and they distract from the image, then I simply don't shoot it because it is not the shot I want. But if the contrails add to the effect, then I shoot it. But I personally don't go photoshopping any of my images because that is simply the way I like to work, I either got the shot or I did not. And I sell my prints for a living....

A couple of examples of contrails that did work in the shot, both Rollei IR400 in 6x6, pardon the weird effect of the scans:

Conti_1.jpg

Conti_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.