The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Just a trickle at Buttermilk Falls in Ithaca, NY. I quickly discovered how easy it is to blow highlights with the 645z while shooting this scene. Pentax 645z with the Pentax-DFA 645 55mm f/2.8.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Love the kitty! An more issues with firmware Bill?
Thanks for asking. It turns out there was nothing at all wrong with the XF - it was the IQ380 that was at fault. It's now back in Phase One's hands and I'm using a loaner from my dealer, B3K Digital, who have given me excellent service. I'll update this saga when I find out why the back was only recording black frames!

Cheers,
Bill

scho

Window detail on abandoned park ranger's house at Buttermilk Falls state park. Pentax 645z with Pentax-DFA 55mm f/2.8 AL(IF) SDM

tsjanik

Just a trickle at Buttermilk Falls in Ithaca, NY. I quickly discovered how easy it is to blow highlights with the 645z while shooting this scene. Pentax 645z with the Pentax-DFA 645 55mm f/2.8.

Hi Carl:

I remember Buttermilk Falls, my family lived near Ithaca when I was in 3rd-4th grades.
I routinely set the 645Z at -1 or -2 EV for exactly the reason you mention. Recovery of darks is really good, but no leeway with over exposure.

Tom

tsjanik

I have been looking at shots I took in the early spring, maybe because winter approaches. Taken in April of this year along the Lake Erie shore; I like the way this image shows the intensity of the sun driving away the last traces of winter ice.

IMGP0798 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

modator

This is a vegetable.... a Celeriac:

Celeriac is a commestible root latin: Apium Graveolens,
Also called turnip-rooted celery or knob celery, is a variety of celery cultivated for its edible roots, hypocotyl, and shoots.

H5D-50c ISO 100 HC 120 II Macro F22 Flash exposure.

scho

Three, 3 shot focus stacks using the Pentax 645z and Pentax-DFA 645 55mm f/2.8 at the Cornell arboretum ponds.

WildRover

Here's one from this past autumn. It wanted to be square - not a format that I'm as adept at. Still, there are maybe 3 or 4 recent others that work well as a square. This is Lake Agnes in the Arrowhead region of Minnesota. Not too far from here, in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area is another Lake Agnes that I've canoed through and camped on several times. It must be a popular name. This image would never had been taken or presented this way in the past because I would not have liked that the background is out of focus. In this case, I think it is right for the image. Also, this had a filmish look to it that I liked, perhaps like an old Ektachrome. :) I thought that if I started using the dot com logo, it would motivate me to work on my website. It hasn't. :(

Rick

Attachments

PSon

I enjoyed all the Autumn photos posted by all. Autumn finally arrived here. Here is my late contribution:

2 Photos were stitched with the combo: ALPA 12 STC / CFV-16 II + ALPA HR ALPAGON 5.6/70

Status
Not open for further replies.