The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
We are not having a normal winter in the NE US, so I was reviewing some images from last year to gauge where we were then (also not a normal year, but in the other, cold direction). This is an image that caught my attention. I don't want a print on my wall, as I find it a bit unsettling, but I find it interesting. Any thoughts?

IMGP0018 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr
Reminiscent of the trees that entered in the battle in Tolkien's trilogy.

Bob

tsjanik

I like the image, but I'm still trying to forget last winter. This year so far is much more to my liking.
Reminiscent of the trees that entered in the battle in Tolkien's trilogy.

Bob
Thanks Carl and Bob.

I've been a fan of Tolkien since I first read his Middle Earth books; surprisingly this image did not make me think of the trees called Ents in the Ring trilogy. I prefer that interpretation; I see it as somewhat darker, my first impression was: this your neural network during a nightmare :)

aztwang

i have special authority (and liability insurance) at the Navy yard, been shooting here for many years. i do wear a hardhat and today got mistaken for a surveyor with a transit instead of a camera.

i also have managed to creep some very peculiar spaces, not seen by many, and many not in existence any more:

Great images...What I see are some great "Portrait Locations" if one could have access. Very cool!

Ai_Print

Just some work photos from today, Hasselblad 501CM + CFV50c...

100mm CFi
Ajax.12.16.15.04.jpg
100mm CFi
Ajax.12.16.15.12.jpg
Two frame horizontal stitch with 60mm CF, blocked sun with finger just out of frame, a positive reason for the cropped sensor
Ajax.12.16.15.57.jpg
180mm CF
Ajax.12.16.15.71.jpg

Jim DE

Beautiful images of downtown Philly but I live reasonably close to there and I am hesitant to pull my Stellar out of my pocket for a shot when downtown (any cities downtown)...... those people a block or two from where you were at night must look at you and the MF camera with the same lust as a fat man looks at a Big Mac and large fries. Free Crack for a month! Your are far braver than I ......But excellent images for sure!

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Beautiful images of downtown Philly but I live reasonably close to there and I am hesitant to pull my Stellar out of my pocket for a shot when downtown (any cities downtown)...... those people a block or two from where you were at night must look at you and the MF camera with the same lust as a fat man looks at a Big Mac and large fries. Free Crack for a month! Your are far braver than I ......But excellent images for sure!
Thanks Jim for your kind words. There were lots of people when I took a picture so I didn't feel anything. But you're right, when I walked back to the hotel 2 hours later, it's quite scary!

modator

A sunset over Po River (Piedmont / North / Italy) made with H5D-50c and HC100 @ F8 1/350s ISO 100, image color calibration made with X-Rite ColorChecker Digital SG, WB @ 3600K.

Merry Christmas !
Domenico.

Status
Not open for further replies.