The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Morning!

I hope everyone had a good day yesterday. Unseasonably warm here but still some nice ice around.

M

mjr

Evening!

This is pretty cool, very rare to spot Nacreous Cloud, I saw it a few times in the Antarctic years ago but never before in the North, this from over the road from my house earlier this evening.

tsjanik

A balmy, 70 degree F xmas eve afternoon walk around the local farmers market. Pentax 645z with the 55mm DFA hand held shots.
Is there any activity at the market Carl? Given the mild winter in NY, my garden keeps producing. Yesterday we had arugula, mustard leaf, radicchio, lettuce, green onions, kale and chervil in our Christmas dinner salad. All picked yesterday.

Tom

tsjanik

Evening!

This is pretty cool, very rare to spot Nacreous Cloud, I saw it a few times in the Antarctic years ago but never before in the North, this from over the road from my house earlier this evening.
Spectacular! Not so good for the ozone layer however; better use your sunscreen Mat :cool:

scho

Is there any activity at the market Carl? Given the mild winter in NY, my garden keeps producing. Yesterday we had arugula, mustard leaf, radicchio, lettuce, green onions, kale and chervil in our Christmas dinner salad. All picked yesterday.

Tom
Tom,

No, market shuts down in December after the annual rutabaga curling event.

Don Libby

This and the previous image were captured last week at the South Rm, Grand Canyon. XF, IQ180 and my new walk around lens, Schneider LS 35mm.

D&A

Hi Don:

I must admit that I rarely think in B&W, thanks for the suggestion. Here it is, using B&W layer in PS. The lily pads become much more of a factor, I like it.

Best,

Tom

_IMG2612 copyBW copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr
I saw the B&W version prior to scrolling up to view the original color one. At first glace I could not envision a color version adding anything to the image and in fact felt color would distract from the tranquility portrayed. Yet the hues of blue were striking and upon reflection(no punn intended), I much prefer the color version. Both though have their merits. Lovely Tom!

Dave (D&A)

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

As the weather here is not conducive to shooting - winter finally arrived - I've been shooting old transparencies on a light table with the Xf and the SK120 macro. The original was shot on Ektachrome with a Rollei 6008 in St. Kitts, WI.

Status
Not open for further replies.