The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Here are two that show the zebra shells. The white beach might appear tropical and beautiful from a distance, but the shell shoreline is a scourge. The shell edges are quite sharp and one would not want to go barefoot on them. The photos are from Sven's Bluff at Peninsula State Park here in Door County.

Rick
Very nice Rick, I especially like the 2nd shot. I didn't know the upper lakes had algae problems too; that's unfortunate. Erie, especially the western end, can bloom quite often.

WildRover

Very nice Rick, I especially like the 2nd shot. I didn't know the upper lakes had algae problems too; that's unfortunate. Erie, especially the western end, can bloom quite often.
Thanks Tom. The lightning shot was actually quite dark and I had to lighten it up a lot. It has lots of noise reduction applied to it, so its a bit plastic-ey. Also, its a combination of two images. The two bolts that strike at the horizon are from a separate shot taken from the same set-up. This was from May 27th of last year. I went out to try and get some celestial thing that was happening - maybe an eclipse? - I can't remember. The storm clouds rolled in and I thought my photo efforts were a bust, but then I ended up getting this.

Rick

WildRover

A shot from the fall, just to remind me the world has color. Birch, maple and oak give an outstanding display.

Tom,

I really like this shot, and also the flattened perspective type images you often post. I think your image style has inspired me to try more images in a similar vein. I remember being fascinated by one of your posts a couple years ago where you focus stacked at f/8 or something with the 67*300mm to preserve bokeh. That was something that had never occurred to me at the time.

Beautiful work.

Rick

tsjanik

A shot from the fall, just to remind me the world has color. Birch, maple and oak give an outstanding display.

Tom,

I really like this shot, and also the flattened perspective type images you often post. I think your image style has inspired me to try more images in a similar vein. I remember being fascinated by one of your posts a couple years ago where you focus stacked at f/8 or something with the 67*300mm to preserve bokeh. That was something that had never occurred to me at the time.

Beautiful work.

Rick
Thanks Rick. This was taken with the 67 300mm M* at 1/1600 and ISO 6400. Wind was about 20-30 mph, so no focus stacking here. As it is, the birch leaves are not as sharp as they could be; this is the view, in the fall, as I get in my car to go to work so I'm grateful. BTW, your shot of the lightning really captures the atmosphere of an approaching front in the Great Lakes.

M

mjr

Morning!

It has been pretty cold here recently but the river is still flowing fast, some great ice forming though.

Ed Hurst

Some recent images from Sydney.

645Z plus 6x7 300mm f4 EDIF lens

[/url]IMGP5601Step4sRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]IMGP5587Step7sRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]IMGP5587Step11CropSpotSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sometimes it rains here!
645Z plus 120mm A lens

[/url]IMGP5571Step5sRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

645Z plus 90mm DFA lens (2 shot pano)

[/url]PanoFromFilesIMGP5560(v2)And62Step7FlatsRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

645Z plus 6x7 400mm f4 EDIF lens

[/url]StarTrailsFromFilesIMGP4557-5463Step8sRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

tsjanik

I'm with you, Tom. Time to show some colour! Algonquin Park, Rollei 6008 and Kodachrome, rephotographed with the XF and 120 macro.
I miss Kodachrome despite its shortcomings - ASA 25, how did we ever get a sharp handheld photo?
Are you satisfied using your camera to copy film shots Bill? I have a Nikon Cool Scan 9000 and a Minolta DSE 5400 I never use anymore, but I'm reluctant to sell in case I want to scan in the future.

Tom

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I miss Kodachrome despite its shortcomings - ASA 25, how did we ever get a sharp handheld photo?
Are you satisfied using your camera to copy film shots Bill? I have a Nikon Cool Scan 9000 and a Minolta DSE 5400 I never use anymore, but I'm reluctant to sell in case I want to scan in the future.

Tom
Yes, Tom, I have a Nikon 9000 too but it's simply easier to shoot with the macro and process in C1. I can do a whole row of transparencies on my light table in a few minutes. The scanner would take as much time to do one.

However, I will still use the scanner if I want large prints. One less lens in the process!

tsjanik

I like this thread, the posters seem like nice people and, most importantly, they post pictures. So in that vein:
Bill's Kodachrome post made me nostalgic. I took this today. Lake Erie is beginning to freeze. I processed this to mimic a Kodachrome shot. Contrast is high, there is a lot of detail in the trees not seen here; the pastels are a bit saturated, but not into Velvia territory, a film I never really cared for.

_IMG3237 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.