The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildRover

BTW, your shot of the lightning really captures the atmosphere of an approaching front in the Great Lakes.
Tom,

You may find the other shot interesting for a similar reason. It was taken on a different day as a storm system was departing and high pressure was pushing in from the west. After checking the radar at home, it seemed I might catch the sun setting just as the clouds were clearing away. I left while it was still raining and drove a little more than an hour to get to the park, and sure enough, was treated with a spectacular sunset. It was one of those few times when things actually worked out as I had hoped. It was also one of those times when I was racing through various lenses and compositions as the sun quickly plunged into the horizon.

At the Sven's Bluff overlook, the shrubs have grown up and its hard to get a shot where the bottom of a composition will be clean. The lightning shot worked because it was pointed up somewhat. For the sunset shot, I backed up my pickup and shot from the lowered tailgate. I'd jump up to switch lenses and compose. Then jump down so as not to wiggle and bounce the truck. Up, down, back and forth and so on. I'm sure it looked quite goofy, but I came away with several keepers.

Rick

tsjanik

Tom,

You may find the other shot interesting for a similar reason. It was taken on a different day as a storm system was departing and high pressure was pushing in from the west....................
I like both of the shots, perhaps favoring the first. I remarked on the second because it really captures an approaching cold front. I can imagine the moisture and coolness in the arriving air.

Michiel Schierbeek

Saint Valèry en Caux.
Not the most beautiful housing project, but typicly post-war housing, fastly build because people needed to live again, and right on the seaside.

AlanS

For such an unattractive collection of stream debris, that is a really lovely photograph.
Thanks very much Tom. We have had a lot of heavy rain lately so lots of local flooding and rivers bursting out of their normal course and flooding fields etc. I regularly shoot this part of the river and wanted to capture the high waterline debris. In the end I decided on a more abstract approach as the normal type shots were not working for me.

AlanS

Another...
Fuji GX680, 125mm f3.2, Imacon 528C
Weardale

On a side note, I feel I am approaching the tonallity of my 4x5 negs, maybe it's the combo of fuji glass and the Imacon (my blad/Imacon did not quite work) or I am just getting better at processing?

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Lots of challenges over the past 6 months but trying to adjust. Finally headed out to shoot for the 1st time since July. Decided to check out Darwin Falls in Death Valley.

Phase One XF with IQ380, Schneider 40-80mm, 15 secs at f/16 (4x ND)

Last edited:

gavincato

stitch with 645z and hasselblad 110mm lens at f/10 - strange lens choice but it's the one i had with me.

End file is enormous. Pretty keen to print it!

DanielDuarte

Lots of challenges over the past 6 months but trying to adjust. Finally headed out so shoot for the 1st time since July. Decided to check out Darwin Falls in Death Valley.

Phase One XF with IQ380, Schneider 40-80mm, 15 secs at f/16 (4x ND)
Nice image... great use of the 4 stop.

darr

Walking in the Rain
501CM + 135mm + CFV50c

Back to working full time and not enough playtime.
This is the place I come to get my photography fix!

Ed Hurst

Status
Not open for further replies.