The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another local spot here at the island, south of Norway. A huge lonesome rock has been resting in the water for some thousand years.
Leica S006 + Summarit 70mm ASPH + ND6 from Breakthrough Photography

L1004361_2.jpg

tsjanik

Another local spot here at the island, south of Norway. A huge lonesome rock has been resting in the water for some thousand years.
Leica S006 + Summarit 70mm ASPH + ND6 from Breakthrough Photography

I have no knowledge of the geology of Norway, but I would guess this is a glacial erratic.

I have no knowledge of the geology of Norway, but I would guess this is a glacial erratic.
Yes, you are right. This rock belongs to the moraine named "Raet" – which is the name of the largest continuous end moraine in Scandinavia. Raet moraine is an enormous gravel ridge that was deposited by advancing inland ice 10-11,000 years ago in one of the final spasms of the Ice Age.

Ed Hurst

Went out storm chasing again yesterday. End up in the wrong place, but did get this...

Ed-Another really nice one! Sometime I need to contact you about a future trip to Sydney and all there is to see and do. Cheers.
Thanks! And happy to help in any way I can. Not to mention shooting / beers...

Ed

- - - Updated - - -

Inglis Falls, Ontario. XF/IQ3 80/80mm. Temperature was -14C but the camera functioned perfectly - since the last firmware update!

Wow Bill! Exciting shot!

- - - Updated - - -

645Z plus 25mm DA f4 lens (multi-shot pano with bracketing) - ocean pool on Sydney's Northern Beaches (with kind swimmers staying out of the water to avoid spoiling the reflection!).

[/url]PanoFromFilesIMGP7211-22(AllFiles)Step12SpotSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

645Z plus 120mm f4 A lens - P&O Liner leaving Sydney Harbour.

[/url]IMGP7400Step5sRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

scho

Some detail shots of an old boxcar parked behind the local marina. Pentax 645z with FA45-85 lens , handheld.

scho

Pentax 645z plus FA45-85 shot of the Marina harbor entrance from Cayuga Lake. Visible on the far eastern shoreline is the salt mine that was recently in the news because of an elevator accident that trapped several miners in a shaft hundreds of feet down for 10 hours. They were rescued with no injuries.

cunim

Cb that's a great shot...makes me want to dance on those rudder pedals, makes my hands twitch!!

What aircraft is that?
1942 Waco UPF, actually a ZPF by specification.

IQ180, Rodie 40 HR, but this should be in the planes, trains and autos thread.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.