The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

A sad reflection on myself: The first thing I thought about when I saw this shot was "How are they stopping those trestles from moving apart and letting the boat topple?". Too long around boats, boat yards and the sea!

Nice shot Michiel.
Wonder about that myself too now :confused:

Amsterdam, river Amstel.
55/2.8

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I'd very much like to post some of my latest IQ3 100 shots but I can't seem to upload them to look sharp.

They look very sharp on my Mac Retina but as soon as I upload see them to Getdpi, they look soft. Anyone have any suggestions? I normally use C1 at its defaults and rarely need any further sharpening until I go to print.

I'd really like to show the extraordinary detail I'm getting from the new back, but I'm not succeeding!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Bill,

I had to host images on something like flickr and link to ~1600px wide images to get them to look sharp here. Larger looks better, but then images get slower to load. Hmmm. I learned this from the gentlemen posting above....

--Matt

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Been trying to shoot this spot in Kauai for a few years, finally early enough in the year to get some water coming up through the blow hole.

Phase One XF with IQ380, 75-150mm at 75mm, 1 sec at f/32 and 6x ND filter. (I needed a big stopper).

Michiel Schierbeek

I'd very much like to post some of my latest IQ3 100 shots but I can't seem to upload them to look sharp.

They look very sharp on my Mac Retina but as soon as I upload see them to Getdpi, they look soft. Anyone have any suggestions? I normally use C1 at its defaults and rarely need any further sharpening until I go to print.

I'd really like to show the extraordinary detail I'm getting from the new back, but I'm not succeeding!

Bill may be you should try a websharpening program. I use the one of Andreas Resch and put the output on 1600 wide.

Another one from Amsterdam handheld @ 6400 ISO.
Pentax 645Z 55/2.8

DanielDuarte

H5D-50C with 80mm.
First file off the new camera, a fellow classmate in a graduate seminar. A new direction for a new body of work.

(Cold) Man vs Nature
Minus 4 degree Celsius and some wind. I like the melancholic expression and soft tone.
(Leica S 006 + 35mm Summarit CS 4 sec @ f/19 ISO100)

L1004435 1.jpg

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

H5D-50C with 80mm.
First file off the new camera, a fellow classmate in a graduate seminar. A new direction for a new body of work.
Daniel,

Congratulations on the new camera.

Please keep us abrest of your work and experience with the H5D

Regards,

Bob

malmac

"Swiss Cheese" Another one from the Alabama Hills a few weeks ago. Phase One XF/IQ180, Schneider 40-80mm

View attachment 117076
This is an interesting if complex image. The warm rounded rocks morphing through the middle ground to sharp cool mountains in the background.

Thank you also for the positive comment re using the IQ180 with the XF - now where is my pen so I can write to Santa and get hime busy.

Regards

Mal

baudolino

When exporting, increase resolution while keeping the image dimensions as desired. In LR, I set Resize to Fit Long Edge to something like 1200px for use here, and set Resolution to 204px per inch (not sure where that number came from but I recall having read something about 102 px/inch being ideal for LCD monitors and retina displays effectively "doubling resolution" or using twice as many pixels for a given image size to achieve higher resolution of the displayed image....I may be mixing things up here a bit and I am ready to be corrected).
You have the same options in C1 under the Process Recipe/Basic tab.
I used to have the same problem as you describe and now I think my images look sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.