The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

A wider view of Taughannock Falls overlook, complete with tourists doing selfies. Pentax 645z FA 45-85.

Ed Hurst

A couple of rather pleasant mornings at Barrenjoey Head, Sydney NSW

645Z plus 6x7 400mm f4 EDIF
[/url]IMGP1515Step3SpotSSsRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

645Z plus 28-45 DA
[/url]IMGP1499Step3SSsRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

645Z plus 6x7 75mm f2.8 AL
[/url]IMGP1467Step4SSsRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

645Z plus 28-45 DA
[/url]IMGP1463Step4SSsRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

645Z plus 28-45 DA
[/url]IMGP1429Step4SSsRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

645Z plus 120 A
[/url]IMGP1419Step4SpotSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Ed Hurst

I should do a series of shots called - "images from a punchbag".

In common with several images I have taken recently, this one was shot while wrangling my two year old son, Archie. In this case, he was on my shoulders and kicking me in the head while wearing hard-soled shoes and refusing to stop even for a moment while I pushed the shutter release. I could not use a tripod because I had to hold him in my grasp at all times to prevent him from falling into the water and drowning. Thank goodness for great performance at higher ISO and Pentax's medium format image stabilised lenses (which not only absorbed the shock of the kicks but allowed me to use a lower ISO than would otherwise have been necessary because I could hand-hold the camera at a lower shutter speed).

[/url]PanoFromFilesIMGP1560-63Step8sRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Ed

Pelorus

If that's the result then maybe I need a kick in the head or three :cool:

Great shot.

I should do a series of shots called - "images from a punchbag".

In common with several images I have taken recently, this one was shot while wrangling my two year old son, Archie. In this case, he was on my shoulders and kicking me in the head while wearing hard-soled shoes and refusing to stop even for a moment while I pushed the shutter release. I could not use a tripod because I had to hold him in my grasp at all times to prevent him from falling into the water and drowning. Thank goodness for great performance at higher ISO and Pentax's medium format image stabilised lenses (which not only absorbed the shock of the kicks but allowed me to use a lower ISO than would otherwise have been necessary because I could hand-hold the camera at a lower shutter speed).

[/url]PanoFromFilesIMGP1560-63Step8sRGBSMALL-L by Ed Hurst, on Flickr[/IMG]

Ed

malmac

Wilson's Promontory NP, AU. XF/100/SK80mm. Unfortunately (!) our first 3 weeks in Australia were 100% sunny from dawn until dusk. Too many of my shots have turned out to be picture postcards!

Bill

A slogan used by Tourism Queensland was, "Beautiful one day, perfect the next" - I think they had blue skies in mind - not always the best when you would like some clouds.

We are off to the desert in May - don't expect to see too many clouds out there either.

Regards

Mal
Australia

malmac

We had some really stormy weather while in Tasmania, this was taken after one of the storms passed but the ocean was still boiling.

Bay of Fires - Tasmania (orange lichen on the rocks).

IQ180 35mm

DanielDuarte

Daniel,

Congratulations on the new camera.

Please keep us abrest of your work and experience with the H5D

Regards,

Bob
I was having a lot of difficulty with the CFV-50C and focusing via my prism. LV is perfect but the quality of the LCD screen is, well... bad.
I lost some funding for my MFA and found an alternative grant that allowed me to bypass that pickle. Luckily, my dealer helped me out and we set up an upgrade plan to the H5D. It took some work for me to get there financially but I'd rather double down than take a massive loss. It's an amazing tool, the AF is class. Files are stellar. I was worried after working with a professor using the 80 (and now 100)MP and seeing the brevity of those files... to think 50 is "small" compared to these new sensors. All is well.

malmac

Working on mixing imagery with words, always a challenge. Ultimately, this work is bound for the book form.
Death / Psyche / Repression — Daniel Duarte

Hi Daniel

I followed your link and read your words.

My wife just lost her mother the week before last - It seems the question of death is one that deserves more attention - it is good to see you are following it back to it's roots.

Have you already dug into the philosophy of Wabi-Sabi?

I have a thin volume by Leonard Koren -

"It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete......"

Your project sounds like it has a large dash of Wabi-Sabi.

Cheers

Mal

DanielDuarte

Hi Daniel

I followed your link and read your words.

My wife just lost her mother the week before last - It seems the question of death is one that deserves more attention - it is good to see you are following it back to it's roots.

Have you already dug into the philosophy of Wabi-Sabi?

I have a thin volume by Leonard Koren -

"It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete......"

Your project sounds like it has a large dash of Wabi-Sabi.

Cheers

Mal
Condolences to you and your wife regarding the loss of family.

The time I spent in the industry of death has left what seems a permanent mark of myself. I have not heard of this philosophy but will begin researching this morning.

Thank you for the reference, much appreciated.

M

mjr

Although I am really really missing the size and feel of the S, I am getting used to the XF and I think it's a really great camera, here's a quick handheld shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.