The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

If that's the result then maybe I need a kick in the head or three :cool:

Great shot.
Really appreciate that. At the time, I felt that the shot was achieved DESPITE the kicks, but, in hindsight, perhaps they did add a certain urgency and motivation to proceedings that may have helped. Nevertheless, I am not sure that the head-kicking photo accessory would have a large market.

Ed Hurst

Way better than mine, Ed! I'll have to see what I can do in PS to emulate yours!
My wife and I hiked a long hot trail to get to Govett's Leap, not knowing we could have driven there!

I don't know, Bill. I like shots of this landscape in all conditions and thoroughly enjoyed yours.

If you can emulate mine in PS, you'll have to give me the recipe ;-)

Yes, Govett's Leap does have a rather handy car park right there. But I am sure your walk was good anyway - the tracks in those parts are epic, with wonderful views at every turn.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

This is great! Where is this? I didn't see any spots like this in NSW. Almost looks like areas of the mcdonald range. Would love to see on my next visit.
Ed, it's adjacent to the old cemetery at Hill End, NSW, north of Bathurst. Your lovely shot of the avenue of trees in Ireland motivated me to look more closely at forests for potential.

M

mjr

Afternoon!

It's getting to that melting time of year up here in the North, these are by far my least popular photographs but I love shooting down on to the melting ice, capturing the air bubbles and the leaves being uncovered by the increasing power of the sun. I don't mind that people think it's odd that I photograph these things, they look lovely printed big and up on the wall! I'm really enjoying the focus stacking function on the XF, this is a simple 3 image stack at f5.6, very sharp and lots of depth to the print, nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.