The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBrew

Another one. f11 @ 6 minutes. This one really does have gobs of fine detail which is difficult to discern in a jpeg. I think it is nice enough for a large print.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
First, thank you all for the likes and suggestions.

I doubled the vignetting - I always add some, but agree that it was scarcely visible before. It could possibly use more.

I promise not to deluge the thread with further slightly altered versions!

Best,

Matt

Last edited:

Ed Hurst

All very good, but the last one is definitely the best for me. Thanks for sharing!

Vieri
Thanks Vieri - appreciate the feedback very much!

Ed

- - - Updated - - -

Wonderful colors and composition, Ed.
Much appreciated, John :)

- - - Updated - - -

Couple more from Hallerbos, all with XF/IQ3100:

Lovely, Ed. Those bluebell scenes make me homesick for England :)

- - - Updated - - -

Pramote - is this where I joke about your wonderful shot being a little grainy? :p

Dmitri,

I saw your larger version on FM. You might consider linking to something that size or larger here. The details are great.

--Matt
Matt

Thank you very much. It's the same image as FM is linked to. For some reason it seems to be scaled down here. Maybe it is because I am simply using IMG BBcode tags manually rather than going through "Insert image" from the editor panel?

vieri

Neist Point, the most western point of the Isle of Skye, together with its lighthouse are among the best known landmarks of the island. In this photograph, I composed juxtaposing the stony heavy cliff's mass with the feather light mass of the pink cloud above it, using a thin line of white mist to separate the two parts of the image. To complete the geometry of this composition, both of the cliff's and the cloud's shapes together contribute to create a triangle pointing at the lighthouse.

With the Pentax 645z and the 28-45mm f/4.5. Thanks for viewing, best

Vieri

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I seem to be in a rut. Another B+W New York City Landmark - St. Patrick's Cathedral. Leica S(006), Contax 35/3.5 @f/8
The image could be cleaned up by cropping the bottom a bit, but I have the bad habit of getting attached to little details in a photo.

--Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.