The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a snapshot from few days ago.
Omotesando, view towards Shibuya. Tokyo, obviously.

Rz67/110mm/IQ160

Ed: Well, original is 2048px and embedding obviously auto resizes.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

A couple of shots of the rare Calypso Orchid, Bruce Peninsula National Park. Both with the XF/100/SK 120 LS. This flower is only about 10 cms. tall. The second shot was close to 1:1.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

And on my way to the orchid I ran across Rana Clamitans (Green Frog) and was glad I had the waist level viewfinder fitted for a Frog's Eye view. Incidentally, in the Raw file at 100% with the shadows boosted, I can see myself in his eye! XF/100/SK120.

vieri

Sugar Nan Gillean, II

The impressive shape of Sgurr Nan Gillean, one of the Cuillin's peaks, stands proud behind Allt Dearg Mor, a tributary to River Sligachan on the Isle of Skye. Using a long exposure to shape the clouds and the water and choosing Black & White perfectly conveyed the mood I was after when seeing this scene on location.

With the Pentax 645z and the 28-45mm f/4.5. Thanks for viewing! Best,

Vieri

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Yes Vieri . The ISLE OF SKYE is just a wonderful place to shoot . Thank you for showing your images .
I have been there twice . The first time in pouring rain . And the second time , I only had my HORSEMAN 6x12 , when unfortunately the film transport was blocked and I had no spare magazine .
But I will return . Sligachan , here I come .

cerett

Re: Sugar Nan Gillean, II

The impressive shape of Sgurr Nan Gillean, one of the Cuillin's peaks, stands proud behind Allt Dearg Mor, a tributary to River Sligachan on the Isle of Skye. Using a long exposure to shape the clouds and the water and choosing Black & White perfectly conveyed the mood I was after when seeing this scene on location.

Vieri
Stunning image! Beautiful B&W conversion.

Ed Hurst

Vieri
Lovely Vieri. I remember climbing Sgurr nan Gillean 25 years ago on just such a day and you have captured the peaceful, dramatic mood of the place delightfully. You wouldn't know the road (and the Sligachan bar!) are just out of shot ;-)

vieri

Yes Vieri . The ISLE OF SKYE is just a wonderful place to shoot . Thank you for showing your images .
I have been there twice . The first time in pouring rain . And the second time , I only had my HORSEMAN 6x12 , when unfortunately the film transport was blocked and I had no spare magazine .
But I will return . Sligachan , here I come .
Indeed, Jurgen! The Isle of Skye is one of my favourite places, the more I go there the more I love it! I hope you'll get there again soon, and this time with much better weather and with no equipment troubles - and, if I may, set aside a few days... you'll need them :thumbup:

Stunning image! Beautiful B&W conversion.
Thank you very much, I am glad you enjoyed it! :D

Lovely Vieri. I remember climbing Sgurr nan Gillean 25 years ago on just such a day and you have captured the peaceful, dramatic mood of the place delightfully. You wouldn't know the road (and the Sligachan bar!) are just out of shot ;-)
Thank you very much Ed, much appreciated indeed! Indeed, on Skye some location require some hiking, but there is also so much that you can shoot quite close to... a pint! :thumbup:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Continuing the theme. I am having terrific fun with these B+W conversions. They are much more forgiving of lighting conditions. Leica S(006), Contax 140/2.8 @f/5.6

--Matt

scho

Old hemlock roots embedded in crumbling, soft shale bedrock (Taughannock gorge, Ulysses, NY). 645z FA 45-85.

DougDolde

Merriam's Tapir. Metal sculptures by Ricardo Breceda in Borrego Springs, California.

Phase One XF / IQ180, 40-80mm Schneider

It's 4K resolution if you open the detail version in a new window

View attachment 118889

Last edited:
M

mjr

Morning!

Glorious weather here, just a few months ago it was -30 with a couple of hours of daylight, now we're light 24hrs and it was 22 degrees yesterday, lovely!

Went down to the river to teach the dog to swim and grabbed a quick shot of the river bank, just messing around with multiple exposures and a little ICM.

Texturing.
Not a big fan, but interesting to see the effect on occasion. Imo, requires a specific light and right subject/background distance to work well.

RZ67/50mm/IQ160 (one shot crop)

Status
Not open for further replies.