The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisLivsey

Testing my "new" lens a 50mm f4 Distagon C none T*, shutter speeds remarkably are within 1/3rd stop across the range. Shot at f4 when a bit more would have been better perhaps, not known for near field performance (hence the FLE version) for this type of shot not really an issue.
P45+/H1 CF adapter

M

mjr

Evening, I hope everyone has had a nice weekend!

I have been messing around with my super cheap lens purchases today, got a friend to help me out and went down to the waterfall. I have wanted to shoot a person here for ages, really difficult to get a sense of scale without a body in the shot. Anyway, just messing about, nothing serious but I quite like this, a large amount of water flowing at the moment.

pesto

Aaide from the fantastic setting, nothing like this here in Florida, and just being a well captured dramatic image, you certainly do seem to have quite a supply of loveley models

M

mjr

Not really bob, she's a good 15m from the water, just used a 240mm to compress the scene a bit, she was completely safe!

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Here's one from the same bit of river in the forest I photographed yesterday.

Mat

Both are gorgeous pictures ... and I am relieved at the explanation of distance from the swell ... know of a number of deaths
from rafting and kayaking rapids here ... high water is a blast but only if you are prepared for it.

Again ... wonderful series!

Regards,

Bob

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Love Love Love this! Camera rig & settings please.

Cheers

Don
Hi Don,

Thanks very much for your kind words! I truly appreciate them.
I used to put the setting in all pictures but has stopped doing that due to changing environment of the GetDPI.
The Moulton Barn in Grand Teton NP was taken early this morning with the barn facing east.
The setting is IQ3100/DF+ (have XF but doesn't work well with all lenses I've had)/SK 150 LS/ISO 50, f/8, 1/500.
Raw processing in C1---> file adjustment in PS--->Silver Efex Pro 2 (usually with fine art process with local adjustment)--->PS again for some adjustment.

Best
Pramote

aztwang

Hi Don,

Thanks very much for your kind words! I truly appreciate them.
I used to put the setting in all pictures but has stopped doing that due to changing environment of the GetDPI.
The Moulton Barn in Grand Teton NP was taken early this morning with the barn facing east.
The setting is IQ3100/DF+ (have XF but doesn't work well with all lenses I've had)/SK 150 LS/ISO 50, f/8, 1/500.
Raw processing in C1---> file adjustment in PS--->Silver Efex Pro 2 (usually with fine art process with local adjustment)--->PS again for some adjustment.

Best
Pramote
Thank you Pramote. Are you pleased with your 100Back?...AND tell me more about your XF not playing well with some of your glass...I find this interesting!

Thanks

Don

cerett

Evening, I hope everyone has had a nice weekend!

I have been messing around with my super cheap lens purchases today, got a friend to help me out and went down to the waterfall. I have wanted to shoot a person here for ages, really difficult to get a sense of scale without a body in the shot. Anyway, just messing about, nothing serious but I quite like this, a large amount of water flowing at the moment.

"Messing around?" Amazing and beautiful image.

M

mjr

Thanks cerett, very kind of you to say!

Here's another at the risk of boring people, this time with my trusty £150 55mm, this is closer to what I was looking to try, I really wanted a dark and ominously cloudy day so I could have the girl glow a little in her dress if that makes sense but the weather didn't play ball so as it was just for a bit of fun, I took some random shots anyway. Those of a technical lean will balk at the dreadful corners, lack of dynamic range, average sharpness and general lack of perfection of these shots but I am ok with that!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Mat,

I always appreciate your examples that reinforce the Rules:

1) Light
2) Composition
3) Everything else

When you've got 1) and 2), the rest is largely irrelevant. Which is not to say that certain situations (e.g., clients) won't require other things, but without 1) and 2), you're not going far. And, of course, we find 3) is where all the measurable and technical factors live that we discuss far too much. (I always justify it as "Gear I like using will get me out to practice and so get better at 1) and 2)". Dream on...)

--Matt

M

mjr

I agree Matt, not everyone does and that's cool! I seem to find fairly general classes of images I see and take, crap, they do nothing for me; technically excellent but have no life or light; loads of life light and interesting to look at but technically average; and the holy grail, light, composition and technically appropriate, i.e I don't want extreme sharpness on portraits etc so the the right amount of technical stuff. Give me the 3rd and the 4th any day! What good is a technically perfect shot that has nothing interesting to look at?! I'm not foolish enough to think that I look at things the same way others do though, I just know what I like, the more I shoot the more I want to shoot and hopefully improve.

Sorry for derailing the images!

Mat

Status
Not open for further replies.