The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Don't photograph it, moron. Drink it!

Leica S(006) 70 Summarit

And Contax 120/4 Apo-Macro

Ok, I drank it. :)

--Matt

Ed Hurst

Ed - Another truly amazing capture! Thanks for explaining how you put this together. I am still thinking about making my way down to Sydney. Just don't when. Cheers. Marty

Hi Marty,

Glad you like it! Looking forward to meeting and shooting with you whenever you make it to this amazing part of the world.

All the best,

Ed

synn

This portrait is very special to me.

It is a portrait of a very good friend of mine. Late last year, he decided to move halfway across the world in search of new opportunities. Before he left, I did a corporate shoot for him so that he has some formal images. This shot was taken between poses. Ever the joker, he was saying something silly and laughing about it and I managed to snap one off.

Two months ago, I received news that he passed away from a heart attack. Apparently, he had an undiagnosed genetic condition.

That is why this image is special to me. I don't care if it doesn't look official enough or if the focus is not millimeter perfect. It captured him the way I remember him. A very happy person who is never short of a smile.

Godspeed.

ErikKaffehr

Hi Synn,

Thanks for sharing the memory of your friend!

Kind regards
Erik

This portrait is very special to me.

It is a portrait of a very good friend of mine. Late last year, he decided to move halfway across the world in search of new opportunities. Before he left, I did a corporate shoot for him so that he has some formal images. This shot was taken between poses. Ever the joker, he was saying something silly and laughing about it and I managed to snap one off.

Two months ago, I received news that he passed away from a heart attack. Apparently, he had an undiagnosed genetic condition.

That is why this image is special to me. I don't care if it doesn't look official enough or if the focus is not millimeter perfect. It captured him the way I remember him. A very happy person who is never short of a smile.

Godspeed.

vieri

Zion's Watchman at sunset

Almost all landmarks in Zion National Park have been named by Mormon pioneers after biblical characters or events. This is Zion's Watchman, photographed at sunset.

With the Pentax 645z and the 28-45mm. Thanks for viewing, best

Vieri

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
1600 miles with the gear in the auto camera bag, four photos ... California 100f heat isn't conducive to my creativity so I had to put up with 80f and mosquito bites instead :D Foreground is 3x the width of my Range Rover.

XF, IQ150, 75-150 @ 75mm f/11, 60s. ISO 100

chaosphere

Thanks cerett, very kind of you to say!

Here's another at the risk of boring people, this time with my trusty £150 55mm, this is closer to what I was looking to try, I really wanted a dark and ominously cloudy day so I could have the girl glow a little in her dress if that makes sense but the weather didn't play ball so as it was just for a bit of fun, I took some random shots anyway. Those of a technical lean will balk at the dreadful corners, lack of dynamic range, average sharpness and general lack of perfection of these shots but I am ok with that!

Storforsen ?

M

mjr

Afternoon!

We're getting in to the foggy time of year here, took a quick walk this morning and felt that this should be a fairly hard black and white.

M

mjr

Morning

Love this time of year, a few from the river.

And one in black and white..

Status
Not open for further replies.