The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Evening!

Feeling in a black and white mood, visited Aldeyjarfoss today in pretty bleak weather.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
What passes for wildlife in these parts :cool:. A squirrel hiding from a lawn sprinkler. Leica S(006), S-120/2.5 APO-Macro @f/2.8

--Matt

MGrayson

Abstract at WTC museum. Leica S(006), 120/2.5 APO-Macro

ANOTHER One Liberty Plaza Abstract, 35/2.5

And a very non-abstract open fire hydrant with the 120/2.5 APO-Macro

--Matt

No blog.

My dealer who had a NDA returned from a meeting where the new stuff was demo'ed

He immediately sold off two Acute B II 600s in preparation for acquiring the new.

Disclosed nothing other than he loved what he saw ... and he has passed on the
new B1 and B2s prior to this.

I have not sold my Acute B 600s yet as I have found a source for the lead acid batteries at
$35 per battery and I have four cassettes. I do not do that much strobe work but if the new
units are very compelling I will trade out of these.

I believe the announcement is soon enough that waiting might be in order.

Bob
Bob,

The Profoto D2 was announced today. I wonder if that's what your friend heard a rumor of. Maybe not as it is not really related to the B1/B2.

Looks like a nice product though. They have some really flashy marketing material for it. 5 videos following a photographer on 5 different shoots. Very artsy. :)

Paul2660

Late evening afterglow on the White River and Calico Rock
IQ100 and 35LS single exposure, with 3.5 stops of push in lower half. As often happens with a sRGB conversion for the web from Prophoto, a bit of the colors have lost their brilliance, and the sky has taken on a bit of a red hue. But general effect is still there.

Paul C

docmoore

Bob,

The Profoto D2 was announced today. I wonder if that's what your friend heard a rumor of. Maybe not as it is not really related to the B1/B2.

Looks like a nice product though. They have some really flashy marketing material for it. 5 videos following a photographer on 5 different shoots. Very artsy. :)
I just called my friend and this is it ... he has given up his battery packed Profotos as these are equivalent to the D7. Definitely studio based.

TTL with Canon, Nikon and soon Sony.

They do look good.

Bob

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Waterfalls flowing nicely on Maui from the extra rain caused by the two hurricanes that passed nearby. Seven sacred pools closed to swimmers, but too windy to shoot. This is Wailua falls, a few miles past Hana.

PhaseOne XF/IQ3 100, LS 40-80 at 55mm, 1.6 sec at f/14, iso 50

etrump

Waterfalls flowing nicely on Maui from the extra rain caused by the two hurricanes that passed nearby. Seven sacred pools closed to swimmers, but too windy to shoot. This is Wailua falls, a few miles past Hana.

PhaseOne XF/IQ3 100, LS 40-80 at 55mm, 1.6 sec at f/14, iso 50
Lovely shot, nice water for this time of year so I guess you were lucky to be in the path of a hurricane! ;) It's a shame all that great vegetarion at the bottom is gone. Any idea what happened to cause it to disappear? Maybe it got too tall and blocked the view.

MGrayson

Field of view comparison: Moonrise.

Leica S(006) with 120/2.5 about 50% cropped.

And Sony A7II, Canon 400/5.6 with 1.4x, also mildly cropped :)

Once again, choice of equipment depends upon what you want to achieve. :ROTFL:

--Matt

(Post on the Sony shot done by guest retoucher Mark Mann.)

M

mjr

Afternoon!

Second week of workshops comes to an end tomorrow and it has honestly been an amazing couple of weeks of weather and photography! Took a drive up through the mountains yesterday, would have loved to spend more time here but grabbed a couple of shots.

Really amazing sky behind this old church too, the clouds just opened and lit the the building up perfectly.

Back home to Sweden on Monday!

Mat

MGrayson

Sunset on the way to Parents Association meeting :facesmack:. Leica S(006), S 35/2.5 2 shot pano.

--Matt

M

mjr

Afternoon!

All this talk of new cameras is making me realise just how terrible my ancient ccd back is, don't think I can go on! This shot in really dreadful low light, 2 of my workshop attendees on the edge of Godafoss last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.