The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Colors are beginning to peak here in along the Wasatch Front. Reds by Heber city will be fading rapidly over the next few days, and aspens are turning quickly, some areas great now, others peaking over the next week or so.

This is a 7 shot focus stack using the XF focus stack tool and the IQ3 100 and Live View focusing. I didn't think much of this tool for landscape work with my IQ3 80, but the Live View changes the equation tremendously. Only took about 20 seconds to set up the stack and start shooting it, focusing using wifi/LiveView to my iPhone 6s+. Very cool.

XF/IQ3 100 with Phase 75-150 lens at 135mm, 0.4 sec at f/9.

M

mjr

Morning!

Lots of early starts over the last couple of weeks, liked this mountain view with a little snow left over, nice as the sun came up.

Paul2660

One from earlier this year, but finally got around to working it up. 2 part horizontal pano, 35LS, 4 shots, total, 2 near, 2 far, merged in Helicon, then worked up in Photoshop.

Helicon does great for focus stacking, when nothing is moving, thus the this particular bracket was easy for it to merge as the rocks were not moving, The water caused a bit of trouble, but that was easy to fix layering back post. Helicon as all focus stacking programs I tried, can't merge anything moving, so I picked the widest lens I have to keep all the trees in the background in one degree of hyperfocal.

Total push on shadows approached 2.5 stops at ISO100, IQ100 and 35LS

Paul C

Paul2660

From a few falls ago, Narrows of the Buffalo River, 28mm Rodenstock, Arca rm3di, nodal pan, not shifted, .5 degree tilt. IQ180 ISO 50.

Bright day perfect time for the CCD back.

Paul C

Paul2660

Ed,

Thanks you. That was one of those days, where a solid cloud base, just opened up. Still love the way the 180/160 could render a sky, especially the blues, this was not polarized as I wanted to catch the reflection in the pool below.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.