The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougDolde

Near Ridgway, Colorado, last year. Couldn't make the trip this year, too much going on. IQ180, Mamiya 150mm D lens. (Note: no Schneider Blue Ring lens was used in this image)

COLOR-20.jpg

Last edited:

dchew

Boy I blink and this thread takes off; I can't keep up with my "likes". Wayne great images. For this one at full tripod extension, where is that DLibby air remote when you need it??

Dave
Last Dollar Road, Colorado

XF/IQ3 100, Phase 75-150 (non LS) at 75mm, ⅛th at f/11.

Camera is at full tripod height to shoot over a rock wall, (I could barely reach the knobs on my Cube), manual focus, composition and camera controls using Capture Pilot to my iPhone 6s+)

aztwang

Sunrise through a dirty window. Leica S(006) 120/2.5

--Matt[/QUOT
Have you ever seen a piece of abstract art from a well known painter and wondered why it sold for $1.5 million. This is one of those
pieces of art. I love this image. Would love to see it blown up 30x40

Don

tsjanik

The Adirondacks in New York State are peaking with fall color. This is a shot from a campground site. The area for camping is open and covered with a golden layer of pine needles. The rear of the site has a thin row of hemlocks and then several deciduous trees ending at the lake shore. The sun was shining through the leaves and the site reminded me of a church, with sunlight streaming through stained glass windows. These images gives an idea, but are quite inadequate.

_IMG4958 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

_IMG4959 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Have you ever seen a piece of abstract art from a well known painter and wondered why it sold for $1.5 million. This is one of those
pieces of art. I love this image. Would love to see it blown up 30x40

Don
Don,

Thank you! (Although it hasn't sold for anything like $1.5M ;) )

The version posted here was hand held and wouldn't blow up much. But the window was still dirty, and the sun came up in about the same place this morning, so I was ready with a tripod and have as nice a version as I could make with the poor S(006)'s 37.5MP. Well, at 150dpi you get 33x50. I can only go 17x25 at home, but I have a friend with a 7900, so I can try 24x36 - that's 200dpi.

Best,

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.