The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul2660

Calico Rock on the White River. 3 horizontal images from the 35LS and IQ100, ISO200. About 30 minutes after sundown. In Arkansas at times the fading light will create a streaking effect in the sky. This shot has been in my workup area for over a month, due to the sky blend. For me a pure blue sky is just near impossible to blend in a pano, due to the fact that all the software tools, (ptgui, Kolor, LR, CC) will darken the edges of each image when merging a series of tiffs. I ended up using Adobe CC for the pano conversion and it did an OK job but still had issues on the sky. LR for some reason was not able to put all 3 files together without excessive noise on the last one (a problem I get at times in LR panos). This would have been much easier if I could have merged raw files, but currently no way to do that since C1 has no pano feature and LR can't open the 16 bit raw and has a terrible (matrix) profile on the 14bit ones.

Paul C

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Calico Rock on the White River. 3 horizontal images from the 35LS and IQ100, ISO200. About 30 minutes after sundown. In Arkansas at times the fading light will create a streaking effect in the sky. This shot has been in my workup area for over a month, due to the sky blend. For me a pure blue sky is just near impossible to blend in a pano, due to the fact that all the software tools, (ptgui, Kolor, LR, CC) will darken the edges of each image when merging a series of tiffs.
Did you shoot a LCC? I had some issues using my 45 and 55 for stitched panos but they did pretty good if I shot and applied a LCC.

jng

Assuming one has the time to do so, another benefit of shooting an LCC file, even when not needed to correct for lens cast or light fall-off, is that it makes removing dust spots a snap in post. This function seems to work well in C1 and has saved me from the frustration of squinting at the screen while chasing those dreaded dust bunnies. I've pretty much incorporated shooting LCC's into my workflow whenever possible.

John

malmac

One from Thailand

And one from Oz

645D | 55mm
Jeff you have been on the move.

Have you shifted from T.I.?

Like your Thailand shot.

Don't forget if you are passing through Toowoomba we have a spare room.

mal

- - - Updated - - -

Swift River, White Mountain national Forest.

Beautiful abstract composition - soft and sharp, static and moving -

and I forgot to acknowledge the colour scheme.

Mal

Dogs857

Jeff you have been on the move.

Have you shifted from T.I.?

Like your Thailand shot.

Don't forget if you are passing through Toowoomba we have a spare room.

mal
Cheers mate.

Nope we are still on TI. These were taken on a baby moon trip we took to Thailand shortly before the birth of our first son.
I haven't been posting much because His Majesty doesn't give me a lot of time to do anything at the moment.

If I'm ever in your neck of the woods mate I will give you a shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.