The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Jaw droppers! The second and third are really incredible! :thumbs:
With some trepidation I set off early to capture the sunrise, trepidation because i though the cloud cover wouldn't shift. Things turned out much better than I thought.
Images taken with the Mamiya 645df 45mm a mix of soft nd grad and a 10 stop.

etrump

Both are extraordinary!

Did you shoot with the XF? Would think auto-keystone correction would improve an already great image.

John,

Making the building glow was quite deliberate, and an unusual choice for me. I never before used negative clarity on architecture. Here's a more typical rendering, but it seems less compelling to me.

Well, not all experiments are successful :)

Best,

Matt

etrump

Couple from SC just before the storms rolled in.

Both shot with XF3100

Low hanging fruit but I did climb on the picnic table to get a better angle:

9 shot stitch of the Sheldon church ruins:

(Hope the 4K images are ok, if not, let me know.)

etrump

I think I just need to follow you around. Great stuff!

Winter Aspen Pond Reflection - Phase One XF IQ3 100

This image was taken just after a snow storm. The evergreen trees were covered with a bit of fresh snow and the golden yellow leaves were brilliant in the morning light. A day after I took this image the leaves lost most of their brilliance.

Steven

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Both are extraordinary!

Did you shoot with the XF? Would think auto-keystone correction would improve an already great image.
Ed,

Thank you! Shot with a Leica S(006) with 35/2.5 Summarit. I under-corrected the converging verticals - I'll try it more parallel.

Best,

Matt

PS. Here's a mirror in SoHo with the 120/2.5 APO-Macro

Last edited:

stevenfr

This image was taken during the spring time in North Carolina. We were photographing dogwood trees when we came upon this pond. We revisted this pond four times over a three day period.

Steven

scho

Ithaca Falls and Fall Creek. Handheld shots using the Pentax 645z with MF A-35mm lens. I'm thinking of selling this lens to get the new HD AF version, but not sure that image quality would be much better, although certainly easier to use.

scho

Another local waterfall and gorge at Buttermilk Creek. Handheld shots again with the Pentax 645z but this time with the FA 45-85.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Again with the Oculus? Leica S(006) and 35/Summarit

And at last I have the 24 Super-Elmar (where DO they get those names? Rhetorical question!). I couldn't have gotten inside the encroaching trees to get this with a longer lens. My wife says "But it's just a tree!". I like the x-ray effect of having the sun directly behind it. And there's also a dog!

Best,

Matt

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

On the ice, Churchill, Manitoba. The temperature was -30C but the XF performed very well. My only complaint is that the autofocus with the SK240 was very hit and miss - white critters on white snow caused a lot of hunting, particularly in bad light. Also, I think the cold slowed the mechanism a bit, though that is a subjective "feel".

XF/100/240. More to come!

Deltona

Bought a mint Mamiya 35mm N MF lens, took it out for a spin on Saturday. Very impressed with this addition. The weather was a tad marmite though.

An image with the 35mm Mamiya 645df Phase 1 P21+

Hillwalker on Ramshaw Rocks Staffordshire

CF061474.jpg

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Another from the Polar Bear Capital of the World. XF/100/240. Male bears like to spar with each other while waiting for the sea ice to form so they can go and hunt seals. While they occasionally scar each other, these are "friendly bouts."

Status
Not open for further replies.